overall

RATINGS: 3352   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
FezMonkey (268) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - AUG 24, 2003
I'm going by memory because I was without internet when I had this one. It good but I am not sure if I prefer the original or not. I guess that gives me a reason to go buy another IPA to make sure!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 24, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 7, 2003 Pours a light gold-red with a small amount of head. A pleasent citrus, hoppy aroma. Nice floral, hoppy flavor. Very smooth palate with a bitter finish and some lace. Great IPA, don't know which i like better, this or the original.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
haddon90 (1384) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 21, 2003
Not as good as the original IPA. But still, nice golden pour. Great lingering head. But not quite the hoppy kick i was hoping. But still, a damn good IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
andy609 (143) - Auburndale, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 20, 2003
Here I go, ruining my palate for life. Pours a beautiful gold to amber color with a very large head. This beer has a huge aroma. The glass is currently 2 feet away, but I can still smell its beautiful floral hop aroma. This is one hoppy beer! Big sweet hop taste with an amazingly bitter finish. There is a big, big malt prescene too. This glorious beer massages your palate with the perfect amount of carbonation and delights it with a constantly changing flavor. I agree with the previous rater, that this blows away the regular Stone IPA and all other IPA's. Has my palate been ruined? You bet. I'll have to start buying this by the case.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - AUG 19, 2003
Such an incredibly tasty beer. I personally think it blows away the standard IPA from Stone. So beautiful you do not want to take another sip, you just want to sit there and stare at it, and admire it. Cloudy and orange, creamy and hazy. A real fruity cream pie essence to this one. Incredibly spicy and hoppy, I cannot even begin to name all of the complex subtelties that I am enjoying with this one. Something new in every taste. Surely a liquid poem to the glory of the hop.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BBB63 (5743) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - AUG 17, 2003
Cooper hue with minimal heads or lace. Aroma was very floral, piney, candy, grapefruity, earthy, and oaky. Oh hell yea, it sure is hoppy and bitter...but also, the balance of taste is wonderful. It leaves me wanting more instead of running for the water and bread. Medium to full-bodied, a warm and creamy mouthfeel, yet dry too. I've had brews with a hell of lot less IBU that tasted less balanced this Ruination, it impresses me how these big IPA can do this. Look how far we've come in American brewing.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ubiquibeer (140) - Cleveland, USA - AUG 15, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 24, 2003 Bottle. Poured nice light orange color, not much head, a small number of medium-sized bubbles. Aroma piney, spicy, floral. Nice. Taste grapefruit, pine. finishes smooth, could use a little more maltiness for the end, but such a wonderful bitterness--hopheads rejoice! My tongue coatith over. Al-in-all a very nice IPA. No extra points for being brewed in the city I was born in, but it's still nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
drinkbeer (281) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - AUG 14, 2003
Awesome. Now this is a beer drinkers beer. Piney hops, full of flavor. Dark, slightly hazy butterscotch color. Fairly thick head with some small to medium sized bubbles. Palate is awesome, it coats the tongue and abuses you.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
mushi (18) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - AUG 10, 2003
22 oz. Orange, pale color with a light head. I got a bit of a floral aroma under the hops. When they say this ruins your palete, they were right. Too much for my inexperience, I can't say I liked the finish. Other than that, a good beer. Hoppy and strong. The destruction of the palete is really all I didn't like.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bryan (4) - USA - AUG 6, 2003 does not count
seductive aroma with a smashing palate. excellant example of an IPA both fruity and dry.