overall

RATINGS: 3431   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
snoot (286) - Anaheim, California, USA - DEC 20, 2003
Pours an orange-yellow with a decent size white head. Aroma is hops, all hops, and nothing but hops. The flavor pretty much follows the aroma, there is some malt in there, but not much. If you're not a hophead, look elsewhere.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
Appletart (10) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 15, 2003
(Cask) Ummm...this beer smells like the inside of my dresser, which, by the way, belonged to my great-grandmother. I was definately hesitant. Oh my dear lord(!), it tastes like I just licked a tree. Like just whipping out your tongue and going to town on a gnared out, sappy fuckin' tree. Gnar. I can't tell you the texture, I was too busy grossing out & wiping my tongue off with a paper towel. A very decieving, warm & inviting color. I feel ill, thanx.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
pjk33 (389) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2003
This is as close to a perfect beer as I think that I will ever find! Beautiful copper color, thin head, strong hoppy aroma and unbelievable hops taste! Nice and bitter... made my tongue furry after just 2 beers, but I was still able to taste the malts and biting, zesty hops. The finish hangs on perfectly and I couldn't wait to fire the mug back up to my lips and start all over again. This is also a sneaky beer in that 7.7% alcohol content. I have loved Sierra Nevada's pale ale since my first taste, but this is another level of hops and flavor. Ruination is the king of IPA's. Thank you Stone Brewing Co. for this wonderful brew!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 14, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 18, 2004 Bright orange color, flaky floaters, and a loose head with mediocre retention. Nice lacing. Aroma is of oranges, fruit peels, leather and cheese. And hops of course. Great smell. Flavor is hoppy with a touch of sourness and a nice malty skeleton. Even though the IBUs are clearly maxxed out on this one, I'm impressed by the malt character that still comes through. Nice all around quality in this brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Steib (613) - Queen Creek, Arizona, USA - DEC 13, 2003
WOW, that hop aroma will clean out the sinuses, a big hop bomb. Clean grapfruit flavor, definitly full bodied. A nice bitter bite on the palate. The finish really resontes in the mouth. A very nice beer. This is one IPA I will not forget.

CapFlu (4476) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 11, 2003
(650ml bottle) Huge, white foamy head and an orange-amber body. Nose of cascade, pine. Great IPA. Strong hops. Lasting flavours. Excellent. Thanks Kimchee!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mixamatt (427) - San Francisco, California, USA - DEC 8, 2003
Hoppy fruity peach grapefruit pine aroma.Blond appearance with normal sized head.Thickish mouthfeel. Sweet hoppy fruity grapefruit apricot peach flavors with lingering radiating bitterness on the finish.Seemed more like a good barleywine.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - DEC 8, 2003
Strong aroma, I have a slightly stuffy nose and the hop aroma punches right through. Musty hop aroma, sweet. It makes me think of a stack of pancakes in a cartoon, a thick and buttery and sticky and sweet. The head is a little off white and rocky. Yep, bitter. But, not overpowering in my opinion. Fairly complex. An initial hoppy haziness with a follow up that is mellow and smooth. Moderate carbonation in a hazy medium honey golden color. Not bad.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
y0cola (361) - fremont, California, USA - NOV 29, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 25, 2003 Amazing smell which overpowered my nostrils. Pure hops, which was extremely prominent in the flavor. Went down amazingly smooth with an vicious bite to my palate.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
ElGaucho (2193) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - NOV 27, 2003
Relative lack of lace and head are what is keeping this from being a perfect 5. Otherwise, this is a hop head's perfect elixir. Despite the 100+ IBUs, Ruination is not too hoppy. Wonderfully hoppy and spicey on the nose with sweet floral notes. Murky brownish orange with citrus flakes floating within. Moderate carbonation and below average lace. Some bourbon cask notes on the tongue and a heavy alcohol presence. Almost too good to be true. Thank you Kinz for sending this special brew!