overall

RATINGS: 3458   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JAN 1, 2004
Orange color with slight haze. Not too foamy, but there is some amount of lingering white head. Aroma is interesting: grapefruit, cream, maybe a tinge of pine--all in hops. FLavor is slightly citrous, little malty, and a loooooong bitter aftertaste which changes from grapefruit to pine and back. Generally, I don't like the over hopped beers, but this one was done carefully and judiciously. Well rounded flavor and full on the palate. I honor the paganistic ritual slaughter of these hop plants. They died with honor!

Cashazza (217) - Morganville, Maryland, USA - DEC 30, 2003
Awesome brew for a hophead! Very hoppy, yet still slightly sweet (in a strange way). Best IPA in my opinion: cloudy orange color, floral aroma, citrus flavor...strong hops!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
SpringsLicker (3152) - Tennessee, USA - DEC 30, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 22, 2004 RUIN ME! From the bottle numerous times. This has everything it should, aroma, color, taste, overall mouth feel, etc., but more importantly, it blends them so smoothly that you don’t know where one flavor ends and another begins. I prefer it to the Dogfish Head 90, but at this level we’re nit picking anyway. World Class IPA. On draught at Brewtopia ’04 Even better dispensed fresh from the keg! World class IIPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
kwoeltje (2232) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - DEC 28, 2003
(bottle) Lovely medium gold-light amber color. Hops aroma (duh). As expected, very hoppy, but after the first couple of sips, it seemed fairly balanced (maybe my tastebuds are now ruined).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cherr (162) - Rochester, New York, USA - DEC 28, 2003
The beer has a nice hops aroma. The color is a bit muddied. The taste is full with initial carmel malt then strong hops aftertaste. Excellent, excellent beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
auto (163) - California, USA - DEC 23, 2003
grrrrrrrrrreat brewski!! the flavour is awesome. possibly my favourite beer at the moment.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
EdPaulsen (117) - Rochester, New York, USA - DEC 23, 2003
very very hoppy. though, perhaps not as much as the bottle/reputation promises relative to many other hoppy brands. though, the orangey nature of the hops is very present, and enjoyable, especially good at cutting through if drank with food.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
snoot (286) - Anaheim, California, USA - DEC 20, 2003
Pours an orange-yellow with a decent size white head. Aroma is hops, all hops, and nothing but hops. The flavor pretty much follows the aroma, there is some malt in there, but not much. If you're not a hophead, look elsewhere.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
Appletart (10) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 15, 2003
(Cask) Ummm...this beer smells like the inside of my dresser, which, by the way, belonged to my great-grandmother. I was definately hesitant. Oh my dear lord(!), it tastes like I just licked a tree. Like just whipping out your tongue and going to town on a gnared out, sappy fuckin' tree. Gnar. I can't tell you the texture, I was too busy grossing out & wiping my tongue off with a paper towel. A very decieving, warm & inviting color. I feel ill, thanx.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
pjk33 (389) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2003
This is as close to a perfect beer as I think that I will ever find! Beautiful copper color, thin head, strong hoppy aroma and unbelievable hops taste! Nice and bitter... made my tongue furry after just 2 beers, but I was still able to taste the malts and biting, zesty hops. The finish hangs on perfectly and I couldn't wait to fire the mug back up to my lips and start all over again. This is also a sneaky beer in that 7.7% alcohol content. I have loved Sierra Nevada's pale ale since my first taste, but this is another level of hops and flavor. Ruination is the king of IPA's. Thank you Stone Brewing Co. for this wonderful brew!