RATINGS: 3667   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
aceboxer (15) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - JUN 3, 2004
almost surreal imbodiment of what makes an IPA an IPA. the aromas are almost as satisfying of the beer from pour to finish

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
willblake (2654) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JUN 3, 2004
22oz bomber. 05.23.04 Bright, orangey gold, clear but with sea-monkey-like floaties. Aromas of cotton candy and tropical fruits and IPA. Hops up front - smooth and sweet middle maltiness. Massive hops finish. I feel taste buds dying. Hops are affecting my sinuses!? Of all the Stone beers I tried on my Bay Area swing, I thought this was the best and the most appropriate; I’d surely like to enjoy it again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
zach8270 (3959) - Henrietta, New York, USA - JUN 1, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2008 [bottle] Pours a rich amber color with a very thick and frothy white head. Monstrously powerful aroma. Mostly floral and hoppy that seems to mock you, saying you can’t drink me... I am too hoppy. Strong and potent hop flavor when you first taste it, but surprisingly not as strong as I would have thought from the aroma. Good hoppy bite at the beginning with a flowery middle and a good hoppy finish with a very slight aftertaste. Extremely smooth mouthfeel and leaves just the touch of sweet on your lips. I bow to the glory of the hop.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
desurfer (1261) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUN 1, 2004
Deep orange/amber with a small off-white head. Aroma of pine needles, orange peel, and sweet malts. Flavor is amazing! Not very hoppy, but full and rich with sticky, resiny hops and a big malt presence. Superbly balanced with a dry, bitter finish. The reputation is deserved.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
Sammy (9973) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 29, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 13, 2015 Great floral pine citrus smell. Nice dark orange color. Cellared for a couple of months, and found balanced in bitterness and only a bit palate erasing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
davesarman (159) - Waconia, Minnesota, USA - MAY 29, 2004
Aroma is pleasantly hoppy. It did not blow my head off, as the label might suggest, but then this beer has been conditioning in my cellar for several months. Color is a copperish gold. Big carbonation. Big, loose white head that sticks to everything. The taste is very hoppy, but malt is definitely not overwhelmed. It is almost too malty, if the hops were not so damned aggressive. There is nothing subtle about this beer. Exceptional beer for showcasing what hops smell and taste like. The malt balances it out to a degree, but, yes it does somewhat bludgeon you over the head with hops, taste wise. An aggressive beer from an aggressive brewer. Gotta love that.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - MAY 26, 2004
Golden amber color, thinner white head. Nice hoppy nose, citrusy and a little flowery. Massive hop assault in the flavor, no balance at all, bitter as hell. Destroyed my palate like advertised but I didn’t want it to be. Their regular IPA is far superior.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
grat (433) - ST. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 24, 2004
Awesome brew man! Pours a nice thick chunky amber color. Smells like buckets of hops from Valhalla. The bouquet on this one is off the chain. Smells round and full. Whereas most IPA’s, especially the double’s lack a depth, smelling more like the bittering hops than the aroma hops or simply drying up on your palate, this brew is round like my belly. Giant foamy head. Tastes great. Sometimes lots of hops taste carroty. This beer is no exception, only this is balanced with an excellent floral quality that will blow your mind. Thick mouth feel. Fells like a good brew in the head. Go and get one today grat

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mdi (573) - Nebraska, USA - MAY 23, 2004
Bottle Impressive pour, golden great head, citrusy malty nose, more of the same in the flavor...full bodied, sticky sweet and bitter combo. Very nice brew, and yet not as overwhelming as I expected it to be. Just big.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
HopsformyHips (113) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - MAY 21, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 24, 2004 yummy...the palate was interesting here in that it was thick and soothing. Amazing aroma...I sure wish I didn't have alergies today because there's a lot going on that I cannot place as well as usual. Definite extravagant display of hops...we have citrusy floral. My mom walked in and said the whole room smelled like a giant floral arrangement. There is a hint of alcohol which is actually warming to the nose and mouth. Initial taste is of the sweet malt, but the star is the hoppy finish...though a bit bitting, it is not harsh. I'll have another please sir!