Stone Ruination IPA

Formerly brewed at Stone Brewing
Style: Imperial IPA
Escondido, California USA

RATINGS: 3712   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Please note that the Ruination produced in Europe is the Ruination Double IPA 2.0

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - JUN 11, 2004
UPDATED: APR 27, 2005 WOW!! I guess I know for sure what a hoppy beer tastes and smell like now! nice amber color with thick foamy head! that lasts!! $4.99 for a bomber here in Arizona, and I cant wait to get some more,, nice bite with lingering taste A+++

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
brownaler (552) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - JUN 9, 2004
A total piney hopfest in my mouth with this beer. It could be a bit sweeter to make it more balanced, but it does well by itself.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
UNCCTF (518) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - JUN 9, 2004
Bottled. Poured a slightly hazy orange color with an off-white head. The aroma is 101% hops. This beer is is easily the most bitter thing I have ever put in my mouth. I prefer the Stone IPA for its balance, but the hophead in me loves this brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
presario (4903) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 9, 2004
Clear dark gold with a decent white head. Soap-like bubbles. Strong grapefruit hop aroma, not as strong as expected. Initial taste is hops. Middle hops. Finish long hops. Surprising pockets of sweetness in some sips. No mouth dryness or hop oil in taste or texture. Excellent for meeting its promise. Not your everyday beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
slimweebs (162) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JUN 4, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 20, 2004 A very strong aroma, fruity and inviting. Not as hoppy as I thought it would be, considering the label, but had a nice strong flavor, with a mix of hops and sweet malt. This is a complex beer, and is definitely a beer that should be savored for a decent amount of time to fully enjoy all of the flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
aceboxer (15) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - JUN 3, 2004
almost surreal imbodiment of what makes an IPA an IPA. the aromas are almost as satisfying of the beer from pour to finish

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
willblake (2654) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JUN 3, 2004
22oz bomber. 05.23.04 Bright, orangey gold, clear but with sea-monkey-like floaties. Aromas of cotton candy and tropical fruits and IPA. Hops up front - smooth and sweet middle maltiness. Massive hops finish. I feel taste buds dying. Hops are affecting my sinuses!? Of all the Stone beers I tried on my Bay Area swing, I thought this was the best and the most appropriate; I’d surely like to enjoy it again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
zach8270 (4022) - Henrietta, New York, USA - JUN 1, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2008 [bottle] Pours a rich amber color with a very thick and frothy white head. Monstrously powerful aroma. Mostly floral and hoppy that seems to mock you, saying you can’t drink me... I am too hoppy. Strong and potent hop flavor when you first taste it, but surprisingly not as strong as I would have thought from the aroma. Good hoppy bite at the beginning with a flowery middle and a good hoppy finish with a very slight aftertaste. Extremely smooth mouthfeel and leaves just the touch of sweet on your lips. I bow to the glory of the hop.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
desurfer (1290) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUN 1, 2004
Deep orange/amber with a small off-white head. Aroma of pine needles, orange peel, and sweet malts. Flavor is amazing! Not very hoppy, but full and rich with sticky, resiny hops and a big malt presence. Superbly balanced with a dry, bitter finish. The reputation is deserved.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
Sammy (11216) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 29, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 13, 2015 Great floral pine citrus smell. Nice dark orange color. Cellared for a couple of months, and found balanced in bitterness and only a bit palate erasing.