overall

RATINGS: 3454   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Zach Diesel (906) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - NOV 27, 2002
fruity hop nose, the extreme hops on the roof of your mouth are balanced slightly by the less bitter hops on your tongue with intertwined alcohol presence, kinda disappointing

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Diego (79) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 27, 2002
Probably the best beer Iíve ever had (as far as my preference goes). This is truly the last IPA youíll ever want to drain. Fragrant, beautiful rich mangoey shade of yellow. The flavor is biiitttterrr!!! As the great poet whose name Iíve forgotten once said: íIt is bitter bitter. But I love it because it is bitter, like my heartí. I sat down at my local pub last night and tried two twenty two ouncers. The chalkboard advertising the specials of the evening had it labeled ídouble bitterí and it cost around 5 bucks but it was well worth it. I had two (I think) and two Sam Adams on draft. Last time I was that tipsy Kennedyís head was intact. Great beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - NOV 25, 2002
A bright orange becon of hops smacks all who linger over their glass in the face. A perfectly imbalanced glass of hops, huge grapefruits, pine and tart green grapes. A bittersweet, dry finish leaves the mouth craving more and wondering what just happened at the same time.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 25, 2002
A nice orange color, with a light head. The aroma for this beast is fruity and sweet, with definite notes of citrus and pine. The flavors are tremendous. A nice touch of malt, followed by huge hops. More than I expected from the aroma--pine, a bit of citrus, and I think tea. Not as bitter as I expected from the 100+ IBUís, but still certainly crisp. I can see why this is top 50.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - NOV 25, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 1, 2003 Pretty orange color. Thick creamy head with lace all down the glass. The aroma was extremely strong of bitterness. Actually the aroma and flavor reminded me of cigarette ashes. The aftertaste is definitely of some burnt bitterness. This beer has a bite to it. Not quite the bite that I had conjured up through months of thinking about Ruination. Crisp...clean...bitter!

Re-Rate: This beer is more citrusy than any other beer I've had. It is truly a monster. I mean that in a good way. I still tasted cigarette ashes, but for some reason I really liked that. I was able to finish the bottle this time, and the experience was exquisite! WOW!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - NOV 24, 2002
I really like IPAís and this one only emphasizes that fact. Once you start to really like the bitterness of hops, you just canít get enough and Ruination doesnít disappoint. An extremely balanced IPA despite the fact that it rings in at 100 IBUís in the bitterness department. Full, rich and yes, you can taste malt here. No, the malt isnít a big player, but it rings the hops down to the point that they arenít as overwhelming as you are expecting. Began the bomber inside and finished while grilling steaks outside in 35 degree temperatures. Delicious.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bender (293) - Reynoldsburg, Ohio, USA - NOV 23, 2002
Golden color with a diminishing white head. Some lacing. Hoppy. Hops in the nose, hops in the flavor, hops everywhere. Wish the ABV was a little higher.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 21, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 10, 2005 6/11/02: Ah yes..Iím the first to rate this new addition to the stone line-up..poured golden brown with a creamy whiteish head...Grassy/floral aroma...very smooth/grassy/super hoppy flavor..suprisingly balanced..11/21/02: the aroma was nice and grassy but had hints of alcohol..the color was a tad deeper than the regular IPA..thereís balance, thereís bitterness..but it lacks the delicate peachy notes of the regular IPA..side by side with the IPA..I like the the IPA better..

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DankbrewedDank (162) - East Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - NOV 15, 2002
What a great IPA. Bitter enough for me! I also like how this beer comes in a 22 ounce bottle. I had this and a double bastard and im pretty shwilly.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
dolemike1 (1288) - Jeannette, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 13, 2002
Delicious IPA. Possibly my favorite. Not as overwhelming as one might think. Great flavor and finish.