overall

RATINGS: 3469   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
edden (926) - cow- lumbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 2, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 6, 2003 3/6/03: re-rate. was i in a bad mood on 11/23/02? nice amount of lacing left on glass. golden orange colour. very hoppy. 11/23/02: strong lingering taste

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
GermanBrews76 (679) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 1, 2002
clean & crisp in the nose and of course, extremely hoppy. Sure, this beer is loaded with hops, but it was surprisingly sweet on the finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
supermikeyb (43) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - DEC 1, 2002
Holy Smokes....enough hops to rip the enamel off your teeth!! Its amazing. I love a beer that can back up the hops with some malt substance, this is a great IPA. A must for any Hop-Head.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
baobubba (455) - Starkville, Mississippi, USA - NOV 29, 2002
Smells like a fresh bag of hops (same profile even). Body and alcohol seem to be the only evidensce that they used malt in this thing. A slight amount of sweetness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
raindog (560) - Evansville, Indiana, USA - NOV 28, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 10, 2004 Re-Rate:Plenty of malt sweetness and toastiness in aroma and taste.Hops aren't all that is there. As soon as I opened this I could smell goodness. Pours a clear copper color with a decent WHITE,dense head.Being a person that has brewed before,I can tell you this beer smells like the FRESHEST HOPS on the block.It reaks of citrus,orange rind,flower hops.The taste a bit too cold was just bitter but not overwhelming.As it warmed I got plenty of malt before the lovely,bitter finish.Much more balanced than I expected by others opinions.VERY DRINKABLE. A lovely choice for a year rounder.THANKS,silky.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Zach Diesel (906) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - NOV 27, 2002
fruity hop nose, the extreme hops on the roof of your mouth are balanced slightly by the less bitter hops on your tongue with intertwined alcohol presence, kinda disappointing

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Diego (79) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 27, 2002
Probably the best beer I’ve ever had (as far as my preference goes). This is truly the last IPA you’ll ever want to drain. Fragrant, beautiful rich mangoey shade of yellow. The flavor is biiitttterrr!!! As the great poet whose name I’ve forgotten once said: ’It is bitter bitter. But I love it because it is bitter, like my heart’. I sat down at my local pub last night and tried two twenty two ouncers. The chalkboard advertising the specials of the evening had it labeled ’double bitter’ and it cost around 5 bucks but it was well worth it. I had two (I think) and two Sam Adams on draft. Last time I was that tipsy Kennedy’s head was intact. Great beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - NOV 25, 2002
A bright orange becon of hops smacks all who linger over their glass in the face. A perfectly imbalanced glass of hops, huge grapefruits, pine and tart green grapes. A bittersweet, dry finish leaves the mouth craving more and wondering what just happened at the same time.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 25, 2002
A nice orange color, with a light head. The aroma for this beast is fruity and sweet, with definite notes of citrus and pine. The flavors are tremendous. A nice touch of malt, followed by huge hops. More than I expected from the aroma--pine, a bit of citrus, and I think tea. Not as bitter as I expected from the 100+ IBU’s, but still certainly crisp. I can see why this is top 50.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - NOV 25, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 1, 2003 Pretty orange color. Thick creamy head with lace all down the glass. The aroma was extremely strong of bitterness. Actually the aroma and flavor reminded me of cigarette ashes. The aftertaste is definitely of some burnt bitterness. This beer has a bite to it. Not quite the bite that I had conjured up through months of thinking about Ruination. Crisp...clean...bitter!

Re-Rate: This beer is more citrusy than any other beer I've had. It is truly a monster. I mean that in a good way. I still tasted cigarette ashes, but for some reason I really liked that. I was able to finish the bottle this time, and the experience was exquisite! WOW!