overall

RATINGS: 3429   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
UncleKorm (739) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - MAY 28, 2014
Bottle poured a murky orange hue w/ a medium creamy head and sticky lacing. Moderate sweet bread aroma. Initial flavor is moderate sweet w/ a bold bitter finish. Tastes are grapefruit, straw. Medium bodied ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
AAEA (98) - California, USA - MAY 27, 2014
22 FL. OZ ($6.99) Pretty good but nothing too special and Stone makes better beers than this. A decent 8.2% so its at least going to get the job done.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 12/20
Blom (831) - Odense, DENMARK - MAY 26, 2014
On tap. I consider(ed) myself a hophead, but this was a bit too much. Extremely bitter, almost salty. It did actually ruin my taste bud, so it lived up to its name. On the positive side, the beer has one hell of a palate: oily and thick. Perhaps, I shouldnít have gone for this as my fourth IPA for the night ...

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
JonLaRue (13) - St Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 25, 2014
Can you say hops? You will know the words after having this beer. Aroma is wafts of hops. Translucent copper with a thin tight lace of head. This beer is bitter. A little on the side of too bitter and my only complaint, the hoppy flavor is masked by the bitterness, and thus the beer robs itself. Its a great beer but not a daily enjoyer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
JKaranka (45) - Cardiff, WALES - MAY 25, 2014
Appearance: light golden colour. Head is two fingers of off white foam, a bit curdly in the middle. Very little sediment in the bottle and none in the glass. Aroma: pine needless, lime peelings and a faint floor cleaner. Taste: moderately bitter with a long lasting finish. The main flavours follow from the aroma, pine, some citric sweets. Itís not particularly dry to start with, more zingy, tart and somewhat sweet, and then it finishes medium dry. Itís good, probably I should have drunk it closer to 8c than 12c. Very little in the way of malts, just enough to sweeten it up. Palate: it lingers around the mouth, but itís fairly average. Somewhat oily. Overall: this must be the prototypical IPA in every sense, itís very good but nothing Iíd get that excited about. Itís good that itís not too fruity as I get fed up with those.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
Sjohnh (117) - Coventry, West Midlands, ENGLAND - MAY 24, 2014
My local bottle shop procured its first batch of San Diegoís finest, prompting some questions. How much stock had they bought? How beer savvy were the good people of Coventry? And therefore, should I get in there straight away and make sure I got some, or wait until I was next in there? I decided on the latter as I wasnít short of beer at home, but after a few days of feeling increasingly twitchy and nervous, I went in to make sure I could secure some of these great Stone beers. Only to find only about a dozen bottles left in the shop - no Arrogant Bastard, and only ONE BOTTLE LEFT of Ruination. Which I am about to taste. Iím tasting this after a Levitation and Buxton Axe Edge to benchmark the scores, and will try my best to be objective, but have been looking forward to this... Looks - clear coppery orange, with medium white head. Less aroma than I expected, maybe because this bottle is so far away from home. No, there it comes - fruity, musty, like a marmalade with plenty of peel in there. Complex fruit content which reminds me of a barley wine. Then the huge "pow" of the bitterness after the "thwack" of the fruit. Slightly oily, low carbonation. So, after the first few mouthfuls I could appreciate the power, but wasnít sure I would rave about it. By the end - I want some more, now! When the next consignment arrives, Iíll be nearer the front of the queue.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
kalervo (672) - FINLAND - MAY 21, 2014
Really wonderful India pale ale, gives exactly what promises. Challenging but rewarding experience.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
johninmelb (1124) - Bristol, Gloucestershire, ENGLAND - MAY 21, 2014
Nose is deceptively gentle with banana/clove notes and some burnt, candied orange peel. Flavour brings in the powerful hops in spades with pine sap, bubblegum, peppered mango and some cabbage. Finish is intensely dry and achingly moreish. Nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
DavethaHeel (3) - Alabama, USA - MAY 20, 2014 does not count
This Beer is amazing and each time you have it you find something new about it that you will like

Dal9000 (165) - Ohio, USA - MAY 19, 2014
Pours a light brown with thick slight head. A mild IPA with a build in the middle with a mild citrusy taste. Smooth very smooth for an IPA. ---Rated via Beer Buddy