RATINGS: 3667   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
suchen (81) - , Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2009
Poured a golden-yellow with a decently thick white head. Smelled very floral and grapefruity. Tasted just the same, with an insane bitterness to it which I didn’t enjoy, but did expect. Overall I’d like it more without such a bitter edge, but I’m not a great hop fan either so...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
viet959 (81) - , Georgia, USA - MAR 19, 2009
Testing including Ruination, Double Simcoe, and DF 90min. Pours clear pale orange w/ no head (Kinda Ugly). Aroma is very nice of citrus, grapefruit, floral hops and some sweet malt. Taste of the same. Just like their regular IPA is very balanced this is very light but balanced for a DIPA. Highest drinkability and has a certain finesse about the taste. This is going to be my 1st place winner b/c of the way the flavors work together instead of "fighting" each other like the other two.

jobrewmeister (81) - - MAR 16, 2012
Amber/copper color with a giant white foamy frothy head. A very nice looking beer. The smell is a pungent citrus hop aroma. Grapefruit and tangerine are the aromas most dominate. The taste is very bitter. Citrus flavors are in this beer,but the hop bitterness really dominates.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
valejo (81) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - MAR 17, 2005
This beer rules. I had it from the bomber the other night and was very sad when it was over. Although you (as I) may not be able to afford this beer regularly, it is a real treat if you love imperial IPAs.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DonKi11uminati (80) - , Indiana, USA - SEP 18, 2009
This is a seriously good, and *serious* IPA. I wouldn’t recommend this to someone who has never had an IPA (or worse a craft beer) before- that would be like learning to drive on a Lamborghini. In fact, this beer reminds me a lot of a Lamborghini- over the top, out of the box, eccentric and maybe a bit ridiculous. But if you’ve had a good sampling of IPA’s before you’re going to love it. It is extremely hoppy. I can smell the hops after simply popping the cap off the bottle. Pours a nice amber. The floral aroma and flavor are filled with hops, malt, and citrus. This isn’t what I would call a very "clean" tasting IPA like Pliny, but it has tons of flavor notes even though it may be slightly heavier. If you like beer you have got to try this sometime.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
william146 (80) - Winterville, North Carolina, USA - FEB 22, 2010
Purchased cold in a bottle at Winslow’s Tavern, Greenville, NC. "100+ IBUs"; extremely bitter but delicious.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Corrinado711 (80) - - OCT 25, 2013
pours a golden straw with thin fine head. lacing is nice and lasting. aromas or lots of hops with some pine. taste is hops right away, balance is nice and finish is pine and floral/bitter hops. Mouthfeel is nice and full but not too heavy, not too much carboniation. Balance is key here, awesome ipa here. Near perfect but could be perfect with more complex hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
thunder_head1 (79) - Reading, Berkshire, ENGLAND - NOV 15, 2011
pours a hazy dark golden colour the aroma has hints of citrus and orange peel and the taste is very good lots of bitterness and citrus a very good ipa will buy again.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Diego (79) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 27, 2002
Probably the best beer I’ve ever had (as far as my preference goes). This is truly the last IPA you’ll ever want to drain. Fragrant, beautiful rich mangoey shade of yellow. The flavor is biiitttterrr!!! As the great poet whose name I’ve forgotten once said: ’It is bitter bitter. But I love it because it is bitter, like my heart’. I sat down at my local pub last night and tried two twenty two ouncers. The chalkboard advertising the specials of the evening had it labeled ’double bitter’ and it cost around 5 bucks but it was well worth it. I had two (I think) and two Sam Adams on draft. Last time I was that tipsy Kennedy’s head was intact. Great beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Merrill (79) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 25, 2008
Bomber, cool. Amber with near white head and tenacious lace. Aroma of apricots and pencil eraser. Flavor os addective as candy - it tastes like those candy cigarettes you ate as a kid, but with malt and lots of very well balanced hops - I mean, just look at the numbers, man! Chicago sucks, ’cause you gotta go to Indiana to get this! The finish is a long wonderful slide down hop valley.