overall

RATINGS: 3640   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Oristo (67) - Orinda, California, USA - DEC 17, 2002
Clearly, after the Stone IPA, it was a surprise when this was more civilized. The appearance is as good. The nose more balanced. The taste and finish were very rich and multi-layered but the overbearing and long-lasting hops finish of the standard IPA was replaced with something more manageable. (22oz. bottle)

Ni209 (67) - Tennessee, USA - JAN 12, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 19, 2003 ah yeah, this is what its all about. a nice bitter aftertaste lights your head up and actually tastes good when it warms up. drink it you fool!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
alabamajohn (67) - Alabama, USA - DEC 17, 2005
I have to admit I feel like a wuss for not loving this beer. It is just too much for me. Intense is an understatement. Would taste graet in a 2 ounce sample, but a whole glass of this resiny stuff is challenging.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ported (67) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 3, 2008
Bomber. Beautiful Dark orange with a brilliant white head(it really is great looking). Floral hops, pine, grain, and grapefruit. Nice crisp bitterness. Slight marks off ’cause I don’t like grapefruit, but very good otherwise ;)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SBor02 (67) - Delaware, USA - FEB 6, 2011
After pouring it was evident that no hops were spared in this brew. I immediately noted a citrus and pine aroma along with a pleasing hazy orange appearance. The head retention was so-so, but I think that had to do with the fact that I pulled this particular glass from the dishwasher where I use a spot remover, which kills head retention in my home brews. This beer had a medium bitterness that did not linger too long and was very enjoyable throughout the entire drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kev1001 (67) - Montana, USA - FEB 13, 2011
22 oz bomber. Pours orange with a medium head. Lots of citrus going on with some pine. Slightly sweet but that is balanced out with the bitter hoppy flavor. I like how intense this beer tastes compared to the relatively low alcohol content for a double IPA. This is a pretty balanced beer with lots of flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ejay (67) - SWEDEN - JUL 22, 2011
bottle@home, (3 days after expiration date - well I take what I can get over here...) Aroma of hops, more hops, sweet caramel, honey, grass. Smelling this beer makes me smile! Clear orange color, small head and flat carbonation (maybe because its old?) Taste is sweet caramel and lots of hoppy bitterness. Medium body with dry, slightly oily texture. I must be a hophead because I love this beer! Besides the hops it also has a great caramel sweetness that I like. I just wish I knew of another method to get it here in Sweden, except putting it in my luggage when I happen to visit the US... Hope that I will be able to try a fresh one someday!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
CPDalton (67) - Boone, North Carolina, USA - MAR 20, 2012
Pours a one finger head, medium orange, awesome lace. Smells of hop gold with lots of sweet aromas, fruity with orange and pineapple. I get a nice malt presence in the nose as well. taste is surprisingly balanced after reading their description. The hops are complemented well by the sweet. As you drink it the malt creeps in more and more. Mouthful is also thin with little carbonation. Surprisingly drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
IPABevyGuy (67) - New York, USA - JUN 1, 2013
Golden amber pour with a white fizzy head, pretty cloudy. Smells piney and hopy. Body starts citrus, then becomes malty, finishing with pine and some serious hop bitterness. Beautiful beer all the way through, very well rounded. If you are into pine and a lot of hops this is for you.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
iskirwan1 (66) - monument, Colorado, USA - OCT 18, 2006
well they say on the bottle that this well ruin your taste so here it goes pours a hazy gold livly carb. and large almost yellow head.aroma is hops and a crisp malt almost pilsner like.taste is a storng hop with a very crisp finsh once again lageresqe.overall a very good brew but not as hoppy as I exepected very clean taste would be great on a warm summer night