overall

RATINGS: 3646   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ported (67) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 3, 2008
Bomber. Beautiful Dark orange with a brilliant white head(it really is great looking). Floral hops, pine, grain, and grapefruit. Nice crisp bitterness. Slight marks off ícause I donít like grapefruit, but very good otherwise ;)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kev1001 (67) - Montana, USA - FEB 13, 2011
22 oz bomber. Pours orange with a medium head. Lots of citrus going on with some pine. Slightly sweet but that is balanced out with the bitter hoppy flavor. I like how intense this beer tastes compared to the relatively low alcohol content for a double IPA. This is a pretty balanced beer with lots of flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ejay (67) - SWEDEN - JUL 22, 2011
bottle@home, (3 days after expiration date - well I take what I can get over here...) Aroma of hops, more hops, sweet caramel, honey, grass. Smelling this beer makes me smile! Clear orange color, small head and flat carbonation (maybe because its old?) Taste is sweet caramel and lots of hoppy bitterness. Medium body with dry, slightly oily texture. I must be a hophead because I love this beer! Besides the hops it also has a great caramel sweetness that I like. I just wish I knew of another method to get it here in Sweden, except putting it in my luggage when I happen to visit the US... Hope that I will be able to try a fresh one someday!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
CPDalton (67) - Boone, North Carolina, USA - MAR 20, 2012
Pours a one finger head, medium orange, awesome lace. Smells of hop gold with lots of sweet aromas, fruity with orange and pineapple. I get a nice malt presence in the nose as well. taste is surprisingly balanced after reading their description. The hops are complemented well by the sweet. As you drink it the malt creeps in more and more. Mouthful is also thin with little carbonation. Surprisingly drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
iskirwan1 (66) - monument, Colorado, USA - OCT 18, 2006
well they say on the bottle that this well ruin your taste so here it goes pours a hazy gold livly carb. and large almost yellow head.aroma is hops and a crisp malt almost pilsner like.taste is a storng hop with a very crisp finsh once again lageresqe.overall a very good brew but not as hoppy as I exepected very clean taste would be great on a warm summer night

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Sephiroth (66) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - FEB 22, 2008
I remember how I puckered the first time I sampled this. Now, I kneel at the altar of the hop. Poured into a tulip, the beer is a clear, light golden color. There is an inch of head. The nose is floral, and infused with a dry, citrus aroma. The taste is, "a liquid poem to the glory of the hop, " as the bottle says. There is just enough malt to prevent this from being unbalanced in a bad way. As it is, this is unbalanced in a good way. The hops are a rainbow of citrus flavors, and they do run the entire gamut. Bitter oranges and lemons, grapefruits, and then, a slight pineyness at the end. The mouthfeel is light for the style, but it does coat oneís throat. I must give this a lower drinkability than I would normally give the style because of the extreme hops. Do not drink this if are prone to heartburn, or face the consequences. I am not afraid. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 07-21-2005 07:32:01

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
evilcougar (66) - Evansville, Indiana, USA - FEB 29, 2008
floral, kind of pine aroma... taste is a little bitter (but I like it that way) flavor is sharp and hits the tip of your toung with a burst of flavor

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SayNoToCoors (65) - Wheat Ridge, Colorado, USA - APR 1, 2005
A worthy brew, but I usually pass it by and pick up something else. This IPA pours a brilliant looking deep copper with a nice and thick head. My favorite aspect of this brew is the insane hop bite it provides. Itís a big hop bite! but it just seems... well, I donít know it has that burley flavor that most stone brews have, which to me throws it slightly off balance. Once you settle into this brew it eases up though. Overall I like it very much, but I usually opt for somethiní else.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
jahughey (65) - Franklin, Indiana, USA - FEB 14, 2006
Great hop beer, maybe the most satisfying. Deep orange ale, mildly toasty, firm malt background, with the most assertively perfect hopping in the industry. You realize what is there (or isnít),while debating the possibility that another brewery in America could be making better ale - NOPE !!!!!!!!&#

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BetterRedFred (65) - Los Alamos, New Mexico, USA - JUL 28, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2009 Re-Rate. After a lot of IPAs and a lot more of Stoneís "regular" IPA, Iím taking this one down a peg or two. I donít find that the extra helping of hops adds anything (other than price), and in fact theyíre not really all that noticeable, other than the beer tastes a little more bitter, albeit lacking in the character and complexity of Stoneís regular IPA. Quite a good beer nonetheless, just not deserving of the hype (other than the bouquet) in my opinion.