overall

RATINGS: 3708   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
suchen (81) - , Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2009
Poured a golden-yellow with a decently thick white head. Smelled very floral and grapefruity. Tasted just the same, with an insane bitterness to it which I didn’t enjoy, but did expect. Overall I’d like it more without such a bitter edge, but I’m not a great hop fan either so...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
william146 (80) - Winterville, North Carolina, USA - FEB 22, 2010
Purchased cold in a bottle at Winslow’s Tavern, Greenville, NC. "100+ IBUs"; extremely bitter but delicious.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Corrinado711 (80) - - OCT 25, 2013
pours a golden straw with thin fine head. lacing is nice and lasting. aromas or lots of hops with some pine. taste is hops right away, balance is nice and finish is pine and floral/bitter hops. Mouthfeel is nice and full but not too heavy, not too much carboniation. Balance is key here, awesome ipa here. Near perfect but could be perfect with more complex hops.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DonKi11uminati (80) - , Indiana, USA - SEP 18, 2009
This is a seriously good, and *serious* IPA. I wouldn’t recommend this to someone who has never had an IPA (or worse a craft beer) before- that would be like learning to drive on a Lamborghini. In fact, this beer reminds me a lot of a Lamborghini- over the top, out of the box, eccentric and maybe a bit ridiculous. But if you’ve had a good sampling of IPA’s before you’re going to love it. It is extremely hoppy. I can smell the hops after simply popping the cap off the bottle. Pours a nice amber. The floral aroma and flavor are filled with hops, malt, and citrus. This isn’t what I would call a very "clean" tasting IPA like Pliny, but it has tons of flavor notes even though it may be slightly heavier. If you like beer you have got to try this sometime.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Diego (79) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 27, 2002
Probably the best beer I’ve ever had (as far as my preference goes). This is truly the last IPA you’ll ever want to drain. Fragrant, beautiful rich mangoey shade of yellow. The flavor is biiitttterrr!!! As the great poet whose name I’ve forgotten once said: ’It is bitter bitter. But I love it because it is bitter, like my heart’. I sat down at my local pub last night and tried two twenty two ouncers. The chalkboard advertising the specials of the evening had it labeled ’double bitter’ and it cost around 5 bucks but it was well worth it. I had two (I think) and two Sam Adams on draft. Last time I was that tipsy Kennedy’s head was intact. Great beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Merrill (79) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 25, 2008
Bomber, cool. Amber with near white head and tenacious lace. Aroma of apricots and pencil eraser. Flavor os addective as candy - it tastes like those candy cigarettes you ate as a kid, but with malt and lots of very well balanced hops - I mean, just look at the numbers, man! Chicago sucks, ’cause you gotta go to Indiana to get this! The finish is a long wonderful slide down hop valley.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
DonPiano (79) - GERMANY - DEC 26, 2015
Golden colored with a white smooth head. Aggressive but pleasant bitterness, strong and hoppy flavours.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
thunder_head1 (79) - Reading, Berkshire, ENGLAND - NOV 15, 2011
pours a hazy dark golden colour the aroma has hints of citrus and orange peel and the taste is very good lots of bitterness and citrus a very good ipa will buy again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
3sheets2wind (78) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - FEB 24, 2012
UPDATED: NOV 18, 2012 Poured golden from a 22 oz. Bomber into a tulip. Citrus and pine aroma, thick head, and hoppy enough to suit me. This is terrific beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
bsour (78) - Boise, Idaho, USA - NOV 5, 2003
This was sunshine in a glass. Great golden/orange color. A head that came on very thick and subsided in time to drink the beer without getting it on your nose. Lacing reminded me of the wonderful off-white head all the way down the glass. They say it has 100+ IBU's. They hide it well. The Dreadnaught was too bitter. This is just right. Fine balance of hops and malt with just a hint of citrus and spice. Smoother than any other I2PA, and IPA for that matter. Definitely my favorite beer. A few more IBU's wouldn't hurt, though! :)