overall

RATINGS: 3530   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
pexoo (17) - Avon Lake, Ohio, USA - APR 27, 2004
Aroma hit with a flowery / fruit smell. For an IPA it has an unexpected creaminess, with a balanced hoppy flavor. My wife avers, "One of the best beers I have ever tasted. I like it."

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
NNCRed (17) - Idaho, USA - JAN 10, 2006
1 pt 6 oz bottle. I opened the bottle and - wow! - talk about a hoppy floral aroma. Poured a nice hazy golden color with a white head. Good lacing, small carbonation action. The taste was overpowering with hops and bitterness - quite nice. Very, very good beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
beerbobWFM (17) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 1, 2007
This is by far one of my favorites in the DIPA/hop monster catagory. I wonderful citrusy hop aroma, with an outstanding head. A nice amber rusty color.This is one of the best balanced of the beers in it’s catagory. It has a massive hop profile that it is balanced quite well with a nice maltyness to it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
HoptimusPrime (17) - ASCENSION ISLAND - MAY 9, 2008
If someone could find a way to bottle awesome, this would be it. This has perfect bitterness to it. It also has a very complex hoppy taste and nice dry maltiness. Much better than the girly fruit beers I tried before it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
stoutbiiliards (17) - Ohio, USA - DEC 5, 2008
UPDATED: JAN 26, 2009 22oz bomber. A bright orange color with a white foamy head. Aroma is floral and citrus. Flavor is grassy and hops with a big bitter end. Overall good beer and I will buy more.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kiwano (17) - USA - AUG 22, 2010
A: Golden yellow with a thin white head that dissipates quickly. S: light hoppy with a tiny bit of citrus. T: Light with bright hop taste. Some grapefruit (including a bit of pith) and a touch of bitterness that stays through for a while after a sip. M: Tight bubbles almost fizzy. D: Refreshing - good during the summer. [ serving type: Chilled bottle poured into a glass] Serving type: bottle

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
urge13 (17) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - APR 16, 2011
Gold colored with a fairly thick head, grapefruit aroma. Great mouthfeel coating the tongue. Allows the sharp citric hops to present itself. Not sensing a large alcohol burn.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
monstersmash (17) - Georgia, USA - NOV 7, 2011
22 oz. bottle. Nice head and color, the aroma to me was so-so. I thought the taste was much better than the smell, very nice. Then the bitterness punches you in the gut. Bitterness got better the more I drank. Very good representation of the style...I will definately drink again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
CincyBeercat (17) - Ohio, USA - JAN 31, 2012
UPDATED: FEB 2, 2012 Pours a beautiful golden orange with a perfect 2 finger white head that leaves substantial lacing.The aroma was what you would expect from an IPA - hoppy citrus and pine.I?ll be honest, I?m a fairly new hophead and was a little intimidated by the label and the 100+ IBU?s, but I dove in and was very surprised to find how drinkable this was. I mean, it?s bitter, don?t get me wrong, but it?s balanced well with a fruitiness that cuts the bitterness slightly.As one of the first DIPA?s that I tried, I was surprised by how substantial the mouthfeel was. I would have expected it to be lighter, but was happy to have that delicious bitterness lingering long after I had swallowed.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
growler6 (17) - - NOV 21, 2014
Everything it’s cracked up to be. The head is creamy and never goes away. Fruity, malty and bitter all in a big way. Chewy like a stout. Alcohol warms but not overpowering. A super sipper. Compliments mango habanero grilled shrimp well. Must try.