overall

RATINGS: 3708   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
zen (41) - Long Beach, California, USA - MAR 23, 2004
First let me praise Stone Brewery. Although I love their other products(Bastard and such), no two of their beers tastes the same. In that I mean, when I drink a Sam Adams of any rendition, I know I'm drinking Sam Adams. So with the adventurous Stone, there are no limits and every single brew is its' own entity. After having the Stone IPA, which I feel is a premier IPA, Ruination started showing up at my local. Thank God.....pours nice with beautiful golden color, lace throughout the glass, long lasting. The smell, takes over a room...bold hops, hint of malt. The taste is all hops, with a tremendous mouthfeel that's oily on the hops but finishes dryer than a Sahara Caravan, but within the center of all this, is a tinge of fruit (citrus) that not only rolls out the red carpet to the best hop finish I have every had. Some describe the malt at the finish, I sense it in the center with the citrus....pitching a tent for the ever lingering hops. This beer finishes clean, crisp...at 7.7ABV% don't underestimate this demon of an IPA

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Twentys (41) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - OCT 12, 2005
Smells, pours, laces, great. Tastes a bit sour. Super bitter, delicious, typical citrus-y notes.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Atlove (41) - USA - FEB 2, 2008
The Ruination IPA pours a clear golden-orange with a white, lacing head. The flavor is dominated by hops, but not overbearing. I expected this beer to be a lot more intense and dynamic, but itís hardly an íimperialí IPA in my opinion. Itís still a very fine beer, but not at the level of a 90 minute or a hopslam.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
dankbrewqueen (41) - Morongo Valley, California, USA - SEP 9, 2008
quite hoppy and definitely a favorite ipa! it seems as though stone cant miss with there exceptional brews. i keep tasting them, and keep liking them! quality ingredients make this one top of the line for me!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tmgiddings (41) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 29, 2010
22oz bottle - Pours earthy yellow with a half inch bone-white head which quickly dissapates into sparce lacing. Aroma is resin and pine. Taste is extremely piny with bready undertones. Mouthfeel is creamy and slightly oily.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kartoffeln (40) - Kansas, USA - APR 22, 2011
Great IIPA. Has a strong American hop aroma more on the citrus side than piney, just how I like it. Big malt sweetness accompanied by even bigger bitterness. Very well balanced. Had it on tap at the Flying Saucer in just a sampler, would like to try it again.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
myfriendbubba (40) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAR 23, 2006
22oz bottle. Clear, golden and copper tint. decent amount of white head. Full, dry hop aroma. Big alcohol surypy thick malty and way to much going on for me in the hop department. I need to try again to re rate I am sure

OhioGuzzler (40) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - SEP 12, 2006
Tasted this guy next to an ale smith IPA - very similar on the pour - nice thick white head with a beautiful light copper coloring. Smell like a hop field during harvest time. This beauty is the dominatrix that will punish your hop fetish. A malty Bitter citrus flavor gives way to a sweeter orange and grass profile which fades to a floral hop bitterness. Not too shabby, but be prepared.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
wineandbrew (40) - Steilacoom, Washington, USA - DEC 8, 2006
Bought @ Steilacoom Wine and Brew. Stone is a wonderful brewery, but I will say that IPAís arenít my fave right off the bat. That being said, I enjoy this beer... Yes, a lot of hops, but balanced with the malt of an (almost) imperial IPA, so the body helps the IBUís come across evenly. Good Solid Brew!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
llafoe (40) - Greenwood, Indiana, USA - FEB 11, 2007
22 oz bottle. Pours a orangish gold with a slight white head. Aroma is dominated by apricot, followed by grapefruit and pine. Taste is sweet with a carbonated bitter pine grapefruit finish. Very nice.