overall

RATINGS: 3431   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ajax4 (9) - USA - SEP 18, 2007 does not count
Small white head complements the copper body. Aroma of pine and grapefruit. Sweet malt backbone supports a barrage of hops that invoke not only bitterness, but also grapefruit and some floral spice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
campmonster (9) - USA - MAR 27, 2008 does not count
A great beer experience. Smooth and distinguished. Glorious bite and great finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
shevanel (9) - Arizona, USA - JUN 23, 2008 does not count
Amazing light amber color with an interesting aroma. Heavy in hops, malt, and alcohol scents. Definately too strong for my general taste. The creamy fizzy alcoholic flavor stays well after you are done. Definately one of the best IPAs out there, but it is not on my list of beers I want to repeatedly drink.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JonL (9) - Toodyay, AUSTRALIA - NOV 27, 2008 does not count
Had a bottle of this when in Vegas...holy hell! Initial impression of bottled hop flowers with a touch of malt at the back there somewhere - slightly overpowering at first, until your taste buds are bludgeoned into line! By the end of the bottle I was starting to enjoy it,and appreciate its nuances a bit more. We need more beer like this in Aus.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mike69neilson (9) - NEW ZEALAND - MAR 20, 2009 does not count
Pours a straw like golden hue with a thin tight head, Pungent citrus aroma, Flavour was a balance of sweetish malt that was well balanced with bitterness, Huge Citrus flavour with a touch of pine hiding in there. Awsome beer one I could drink quite alot of!!! untill I fell over!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
eje (9) - , New York, USA - AUG 2, 2009 does not count
Bottled. Bitter, strong. Truly ruins the taste buds - my girlfriend was drinking a Midas Touch and needed to cut the flavor - I gave her a sip of my Ruination. True to its word it certainly dulled the flavor of the Midas. A powerful, hoppy beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
alexlrar (9) - Arkansas, USA - SEP 27, 2009 does not count
750 to pilsner. Unfriggin’ believable. My palate is certainly burnt out but this is a tremendous IPA. Very hot/hoppy throughout, which changes significantly as the beer approaches room temp. This may be my favorite IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
badgerfan9501 (9) - Alabama, USA - MAR 5, 2010 does not count
I love stone, but i would say the ruination lacks the aroma and flavor of the IPA. If it was up to me, I’d load it up with more hops.

yoitts (9) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JUL 24, 2010 does not count
Bottle. Hop aroma hits you as soon as you open. Nice hazy pale orange color. Medium body, good, clean, lingering bitterness. A GREAT ale, perfect for my first rating.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
nathanh5 (9) - Alexandria, Alabama, USA - MAY 11, 2011 does not count
Yuk!! The name says it all: This will totally ruin your session palate!! 100% bitter, front of tongue, to finish. Even worse, with each sip the hops build up on your tongue like dirty laundry in your hamper...I don’t know what Stone’s philosophy is with bitter hops, but most of their beers are like this!!