overall

RATINGS: 3417   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
nathanh5 (9) - Alexandria, Alabama, USA - MAY 11, 2011 does not count
Yuk!! The name says it all: This will totally ruin your session palate!! 100% bitter, front of tongue, to finish. Even worse, with each sip the hops build up on your tongue like dirty laundry in your hamper...I don’t know what Stone’s philosophy is with bitter hops, but most of their beers are like this!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jatman1988 (9) - - JUN 9, 2012 does not count
words cant describe...if you are looking for a hop bomb you have to try this!

JoseBravo (9) - SCOTLAND - SEP 21, 2012 does not count
UPDATED: APR 3, 2013 incredibly well balanced ipa with an awesome aroma of passion fruit and grapefruits, strong but not overpowered bitterness

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
gargoyle32 (8) - Escondido, California, USA - AUG 12, 2002 does not count
Nice citrusy/floral aroma. Lighter color than I expected with a nice creamy head. Strong hop flavor (what else from 100+ IBUs). Slight malty mouthfeel. Nice dry finish. The Stone crew takes pride in their IPAs and this is definitely is one to be proud of.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
landont3 (8) - USA - JUL 21, 2003 does not count
Very good IPA. A little pricy around here, but definately one of those beers you need to try.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
mortimer (8) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 20, 2004 does not count
It pours a dark yellowish orange color with an off white head, which didn’t last all that long. I could smell plenty of hops, but I also picked up some foresty pine scent as well. In my opinion the malt flavor was overpowered by all of the hops. It smelt and tasted sweet, but it had a strong and unpleasant aftertaste. It was extremely bitter, as expected, but to me, it didn’t seem very balanced. It was over the top hops. It could be that I am just not a huge fan of this style of beer. One thing is for sure, this is one of my least favorite beers that Stone makes.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
gerbache (8) - Oakland, California, USA - JAN 30, 2005 does not count
I love the look of this beer; beautifully clear amber with a strong head. Smelly more hoppy than it tastes. Despite the super-high IBU rating, I find it very balanced by a healthy amount of malt, which prevents the beer from being too one-sided. Underneath all that hops is a nice, fruity taste, especially after you get used to the hops.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
kjharley (8) - anchorage, Alaska, USA - AUG 11, 2005 does not count
I am not a fan of IPA’s and this one proved it for me not that it is a bad beer but not for my palate. If you like bitter, hoppy beers this ones for you.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
lupinered (8) - Oregon, USA - SEP 20, 2005 does not count
I tried this beer at the ’05 Oregon Beer festival, and was impressed by its solid aroma and matching finish. While it did not match up to my preferred Imperial IPA of the event, Widmer’s superb Halo, it was nevertheless a solid entry.

rikkard (8) - USA - MAR 20, 2007 does not count
I don’t feel the need to repeat everything positive that has been said about this beer. Definitely #1 on my top 5 all time favorites. I don’t think that there is a better IPA out there.