overall

RATINGS: 3467   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Chief (11) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - FEB 7, 2003
Wow!!! How about them hops? Lusciously copper colour. Definitely flavoured. As soon as the bottle was open, it immediately smelled like a fresh hop field -- Yum! Yum! Wonderful head with nice tiny bubbles. Good lacing. It spanked me. I still feel the sting!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
kenaibrew (11) - Sterling, Alaska, USA - MAR 12, 2004
Excellent beer with strong citrus and grapefruit characteristics, if you love hops this is the beer for you.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
hops4thebest (11) - USA - JAN 18, 2007
I canít figure out why people fuss about this beer. I like hops, and so the high IBUís are a plus for me. But to me the citrus, pine, grass, etc., etc., that others describe in this beer are not nearly present enough. This is a very good beer, sure, but compared to other top DIPAís I think this one has a notably one dimensional flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Carl (11) - Issaquah, Washington, USA - AUG 20, 2007
Bottle. Hops dominate every aspect of this beer. Pours frothy with a substantial white head. Color is golden and clear. Strong floral hop aroma with hints of clove. Very bitter almost fizzy taste with a long finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
kerplun1 (11) - New York, USA - OCT 24, 2007
very nice looking pour with a thick head that slowly dissipates leaving some nice lacing. Aroma doesnít strike me as too hoppy and is quite nice. I expected big hops on first sip and got that and then some. Bitter for sure and I can feel a numbness on my tongue. Aftertaste is bitter. A well made beer but so bitter it strikes me as gimmicky.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
hopHeadedDevil (11) - , North Carolina, USA - MAY 16, 2009
Citrus and floral hop aroma. Hazy orange pour with a decent off white head. Crisp, bitter hop flavor with citrus overtones. Not quite as hoppy as Iíd expect given the description on the bottle. Worth the money at $16/6-pack.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
SteelyDog (11) - Texas, USA - NOV 20, 2009
Wow. A welcome hoppy assault on the taste buds. Beautiful gold color with a big head. Very bitter with a sweet aftertaste. Goes down quite smoothly considering it is an imperial IPA. Great both by bottle and on tap.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
rhys_mavis (11) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 27, 2010
There is a reason why this beer has a 100 overall rating, itís strong, its hoppy, itís amazing. I personally enjoy it out of a bottle then from the tap because the bottle seems to allow it to age a bit better than the keg. For further research on stone beers try out arrogant bastard ale and Stone IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
adboyd (11) - Maryland, USA - APR 14, 2012
Iíve had Stone IPAís before, but when i saw that this 6 cost $18 I was curious what the big deal was. Now having tried it Iíd say it is certainly a very good brew. Iím always a sucker for super-hoppy beers so this is right up my alley. Iíd put it on par with Hop Devil and maybe Dogfish 60. Glad I tried it, but not worth the extra $ to make it a regular in my fridge.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Buukwurm (11) - California, USA - SEP 14, 2012
The beer pours a clear, deep orange-gold with a frothy head that leaves a network of lace in its wake. As beautiful a beer as I have ever seen. The aroma is predominantly citrus with floral overtones. The taste, as one would expect, is very bitter with a long bitter finish. The beer opens up in the mouth with a lively carbonation.