overall

RATINGS: 3530   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
NigelTheGreat (16) - Northport, USA - MAR 13, 2005
I had a lot of double I.P.A.’s this day. This one ranked in the top 84th percentile.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
GMP (16) - USA - JUL 5, 2005
Hop, hop and more hop. I have never had a beer this hoppy which was still drinkable before. One of the best IPAs I have come across.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
xdream (16) - Madison, Alabama, USA - JUN 12, 2006
After uncapping the 22 once bottle my nostrils were assaulted by hoppy citrus aromas that made me jump back from the bottle as it was possessed. Once I had gained my compsure from the onslaught, I poured the devil’s brew into a snifter. It poured a liquid gold that shimmered in the sunlight liike a necklace my girlfrined’s grandmother had bought her for a very hoppy birthday. The aromas eminating from the glass made me shiver with terror of what it was going to do to my palate. Finally after much inner debate I dared to take a sip....and it was a hop explosion in mouth that left my tongue hungry for more. All I can say is the flavor was HOPPY HOPPY HOPPY!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
CultHero (16) - Vancouver, Washington, USA - MAY 11, 2007
A nice golden color with a thick head that lasted throughout the pint. Great hoppy flavor and aroma, although the texture was a little thin.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
grampageoff (16) - arvada, Colorado, USA - MAR 1, 2009
Pours deep gold with a 2 finger soapy head. Really great lacing all the way to the end. Nose is BIG hops- floral, piney hops you can smell from a foot away. Taste is HOPS! It starts bitter, goes sweet for a moment, and finishes bitter and then disappears. If you catch yourself craving hops, this is what you need. Awesome brew.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
rocket39 (16) - AUSTRALIA - JUN 25, 2010
The moment you knock the top off the aroma hits you and its a great aroma which is back up when you taste it. the hops and a slight malt taste make this a great IPA

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mattdonders (16) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 27, 2010
Pours an amber color with small off-white head that disappears into nothing quickly. Smells of citrus and grapefruit with a hint of raisins. Taste is similar with cintrus and hops up front and a hint of bitter finish with the grapefruit. Tastes of pine are in the beer as well that sneak up on you.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
davet100 (16) - Virginia, USA - DEC 21, 2011
One of the best beers I have ever tasted and a true hop-lovers delight. Pours a pleasant golden colour with a distinct pine and citrus aroma. Very apparent grapefruit overtones with perhaps a delicate hint of caramel along the way. Strong bitterness and powerfully hoppy, dry finish. Definitely one of the best in its class.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TobyMartin (16) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - MAR 9, 2013
12oz bottle in a handled pint glass on 9/3/13. Pours a cloudy copper/orange with a small head that quickly shrinks fast. Massive resinous aroma, I get pine needles, grapefruit and orange peel. Delivers big time, fruit hop flavour is quickly dwarfed by awesome bitterness that lingers on the palate in a surprisingly delicate way. Has balance and poise for what is a ridiculous hop bomb. Loved it.

deanls (16) - Eureka, USA - FEB 1, 2014
UPDATED: JUL 6, 2014 Highly available anywhere. Not my favorite but a very good IPA. Overall a nice beer, I would never turn it down. This is Stone’s best. If you are new to the IPA market you will enjoy.