overall

RATINGS: 3430   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
gargoyle32 (8) - Escondido, California, USA - AUG 12, 2002 does not count
Nice citrusy/floral aroma. Lighter color than I expected with a nice creamy head. Strong hop flavor (what else from 100+ IBUs). Slight malty mouthfeel. Nice dry finish. The Stone crew takes pride in their IPAs and this is definitely is one to be proud of.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
landont3 (8) - USA - JUL 21, 2003 does not count
Very good IPA. A little pricy around here, but definately one of those beers you need to try.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
mortimer (8) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 20, 2004 does not count
It pours a dark yellowish orange color with an off white head, which didnít last all that long. I could smell plenty of hops, but I also picked up some foresty pine scent as well. In my opinion the malt flavor was overpowered by all of the hops. It smelt and tasted sweet, but it had a strong and unpleasant aftertaste. It was extremely bitter, as expected, but to me, it didnít seem very balanced. It was over the top hops. It could be that I am just not a huge fan of this style of beer. One thing is for sure, this is one of my least favorite beers that Stone makes.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
gerbache (8) - Oakland, California, USA - JAN 30, 2005 does not count
I love the look of this beer; beautifully clear amber with a strong head. Smelly more hoppy than it tastes. Despite the super-high IBU rating, I find it very balanced by a healthy amount of malt, which prevents the beer from being too one-sided. Underneath all that hops is a nice, fruity taste, especially after you get used to the hops.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
kjharley (8) - anchorage, Alaska, USA - AUG 11, 2005 does not count
I am not a fan of IPAís and this one proved it for me not that it is a bad beer but not for my palate. If you like bitter, hoppy beers this ones for you.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
lupinered (8) - Oregon, USA - SEP 20, 2005 does not count
I tried this beer at the í05 Oregon Beer festival, and was impressed by its solid aroma and matching finish. While it did not match up to my preferred Imperial IPA of the event, Widmerís superb Halo, it was nevertheless a solid entry.

rikkard (8) - USA - MAR 20, 2007 does not count
I donít feel the need to repeat everything positive that has been said about this beer. Definitely #1 on my top 5 all time favorites. I donít think that there is a better IPA out there.

PunkAndRun (8) - Florida, USA - JAN 2, 2010 does not count
Iím not a fan of perfect ratings, as I feel theyíre often biased. But as I tried to find a fault with this brew, I came up empty-handed. Upon pouring, the color is a beautiful amber with neat, near-white head; the aroma just reeks of hops, and the flavor doesnít disappoint. Almost absent malt flavor gives the hops a perfect level of bite with pine and citrus notes followed by a wonderfully crisp finish. 5 stars on all counts.

thenewfbi (7) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 8, 2005 does not count
This is in my top 5 all time favorites. Very nice hoppy bite. Good floral aroma. It is very, very good. I love it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
rmuller (7) - New Jersey, USA - JUL 18, 2006 does not count
Nice orange/amber pour with about 1 finger of head. Strong hoppy scent.. and a bitter hoppy flavor. Overall an excellent beer. 750ml bottle.