overall

RATINGS: 3454   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
gargoyle32 (8) - Escondido, California, USA - AUG 12, 2002 does not count
Nice citrusy/floral aroma. Lighter color than I expected with a nice creamy head. Strong hop flavor (what else from 100+ IBUs). Slight malty mouthfeel. Nice dry finish. The Stone crew takes pride in their IPAs and this is definitely is one to be proud of.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
landont3 (8) - USA - JUL 21, 2003 does not count
Very good IPA. A little pricy around here, but definately one of those beers you need to try.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
gerbache (8) - Oakland, California, USA - JAN 30, 2005 does not count
I love the look of this beer; beautifully clear amber with a strong head. Smelly more hoppy than it tastes. Despite the super-high IBU rating, I find it very balanced by a healthy amount of malt, which prevents the beer from being too one-sided. Underneath all that hops is a nice, fruity taste, especially after you get used to the hops.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
kjharley (8) - anchorage, Alaska, USA - AUG 11, 2005 does not count
I am not a fan of IPAís and this one proved it for me not that it is a bad beer but not for my palate. If you like bitter, hoppy beers this ones for you.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
lupinered (8) - Oregon, USA - SEP 20, 2005 does not count
I tried this beer at the í05 Oregon Beer festival, and was impressed by its solid aroma and matching finish. While it did not match up to my preferred Imperial IPA of the event, Widmerís superb Halo, it was nevertheless a solid entry.

rikkard (8) - USA - MAR 20, 2007 does not count
I donít feel the need to repeat everything positive that has been said about this beer. Definitely #1 on my top 5 all time favorites. I donít think that there is a better IPA out there.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
danglefruit (8) - Waldo, Ohio, USA - AUG 24, 2007 does not count
One of my favorite IIPAís around. Real hop bomb, "ruined" me, seriously. Iíve had this is in the bomber in the range of 100 times now, and Iím never disappointed. Golden orange pour, fluffy white head. Pungent hops in the nose, very much grapefruity. Very long on my palate, these bittering hops really smack you in the face the first time you take a sip. Upon further inspection, its powerful, complex, and oh so fresh. Highly recommended for those that canít get enough hops!!!!!

PunkAndRun (8) - Florida, USA - JAN 2, 2010 does not count
Iím not a fan of perfect ratings, as I feel theyíre often biased. But as I tried to find a fault with this brew, I came up empty-handed. Upon pouring, the color is a beautiful amber with neat, near-white head; the aroma just reeks of hops, and the flavor doesnít disappoint. Almost absent malt flavor gives the hops a perfect level of bite with pine and citrus notes followed by a wonderfully crisp finish. 5 stars on all counts.

Blackdemon (8) - Florida, USA - SEP 17, 2010 does not count
I love this beer. Very strong flower aroma (which is the Hops). The label is painted on so you donít have to worry about pick or peeling a wet label. The taste is hoppy, bitter, and slightly dark. It will ruin your Palate if you start with this beer at a party you can not change to any other, kinda like brushing your teeth and then eating something 5 min after, everything else will taste nasty. found it pairs well with classic college food, pizza and burgers. Overall this beer is exactly what its supposed to be bitter strong beer, or a liquid poem to the glory of the hop!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
theoberlander (8) - USA - APR 13, 2011 does not count
12 oz. bottle. Kind of a "test your mettle" sort of brew. Gorgeous orange color. Floral and citrus dominate much of the flavor, with a finish so dry and bitter that this IPA takes a bite out of you. This is the IPA that makes all of the others look at the floor when it steps into the room. A BMF IPA, if you will. Not something I pick up routinely, but when Iím in the mood its pure sadistic hops glory is second to none.