overall

RATINGS: 3354   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jaybeatle (2) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 22, 2005 does not count
Deep amber color, strong hoppy smell, very bitter in the beginning but smooths out with a spicy tinge. Definitiely more harsh than the standard Stone IPA

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
devi (2) - USA - JUN 18, 2005 does not count
UPDATED: JUN 19, 2005 The name fits. If you like hops, it may ruin all other beers for you. Everyone writes of the hops, from the aroma to the bitter finsh but there is a good malt balance that makes this a great beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mop99 (2) - USA - DEC 20, 2002 does not count
This is as close to perfection as an IPA gets. A marvelous confluence of their Anniversary IPAs, this is what I think of when I think "beer."

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
rathole2331 (2) - Red Bluff, California, USA - MAR 12, 2004 does not count
Overwhelming pungeant citrus aroma, and the palate does not dissapoint from the nose. Powerful hop aroma and flavor with the malt perfectly balancing by dripping like caramel arount the hops. Possibly the worlds most perfect beer, if you love hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
thebigreason (2) - Woodland, California, USA - MAY 30, 2006 does not count
Perfectly balanced Imperial/Double IPA. This is a big beer. You may need to be a hophead to really appreciate it, but the body and malts are there to back up the crushing blow of hops. My wife love this beer so much, we split a bottle every Friday after work. We’ve dubbed it Ruination Friday.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
adsynth (2) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - OCT 2, 2006 does not count
The Ruination of three years back had more cloud to it. This years crystal clarity was at first unsettling; but, the taste is still dead on. This is my perfect SPICY food beer. Good nose, not too much flower or soap-like quality of overly dry-hopped IPAs. Taste resets your palate allowing the more subtle notes to linger, I suggest a thorough roll around your mouth with this beer to fully understand it. Excellent gravity, with ABV @ 7.7, any more and you would have 10th Anv. IPA.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
branchero (2) - USA - MAY 17, 2007 does not count
Thermonuclear hops flavor and aroma. Still manages to have a complex flavor despite all the hopping. Spectacular. I could drink a case of this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
natep715 (1) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - AUG 22, 2004 does not count
Really disappointed with this beer, after loving the Arrogant and Double Arrogant. I love hops, but that was all I tasted in this beer. I don’t get why people in bars keep recommending this to me...do they work for Stone?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
slagbag (1) - Colorado, USA - APR 13, 2006 does not count
This is one of those beers that I picked up knowing it was going to be good. It came through with flying colors. There is a great copper tone they got out of the malt. The hops were huge on it. It leaves behind a thick shag carpeting of lime green hops on your tongue. For how loud the hops our the finish of the beer is smooth. It leaves a thick malt taste instead of the citrus burn that you get from some strong IPAs. After taking a second glance, the beer taste darker then copper tones lead you to believe. This is the professional of IPAs.

Wagon87 (1) - Woburn, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 4, 2006 does not count
Wow... GREAT taste, amazingly addictive bitterness, hefty level of alcohol and too much flavor for the average drinker... so I can rest assure that my six pack is just the way I left it, so I can enjoy that unbeatable, unmistakable, irresistible bitterness bliss.