overall

RATINGS: 3454   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
beermissionary (1) - Moose Balls Pass, Yukon, USA - JUL 27, 2003 does not count
The hop aroma of this beer is extreme, to say the least. Screaming a large amount of hops then, as it warms up some malt sweetness as well as some prominant alcohol notes. Great long lasting head with a beutiful deep golden color. A very assertive hop flavor, blasting you up front then following through the entire taste of the beer into the aftertaste. A slightly roasted sweet malt presence is there, along with the same alcohol tones as in the aroma. The malt presence in this beer seems like almost an afterthought. It's a clean well made beer, you have to love hops for this one alright! As an IPA goes, I would consider this a real good example of the style, with the only fault being almost hop overkill, is that possible in a IPA? Yes, I would say it is if the amount of hop renders a beer almost undrinkable but not in this particular example. I personnally would like this beer a lot better if it had a closer balance of malt to the hop presence, hence the name Ruination right?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
natep715 (1) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - AUG 22, 2004 does not count
Really disappointed with this beer, after loving the Arrogant and Double Arrogant. I love hops, but that was all I tasted in this beer. I donít get why people in bars keep recommending this to me...do they work for Stone?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Run2Drink (1) - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA - OCT 17, 2005 does not count
Stone IPA is one of my favorites. This is the extreme hoppy version of their beer. However, itís not overpowering but very drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
slagbag (1) - Colorado, USA - APR 13, 2006 does not count
This is one of those beers that I picked up knowing it was going to be good. It came through with flying colors. There is a great copper tone they got out of the malt. The hops were huge on it. It leaves behind a thick shag carpeting of lime green hops on your tongue. For how loud the hops our the finish of the beer is smooth. It leaves a thick malt taste instead of the citrus burn that you get from some strong IPAs. After taking a second glance, the beer taste darker then copper tones lead you to believe. This is the professional of IPAs.

Wagon87 (1) - Woburn, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 4, 2006 does not count
Wow... GREAT taste, amazingly addictive bitterness, hefty level of alcohol and too much flavor for the average drinker... so I can rest assure that my six pack is just the way I left it, so I can enjoy that unbeatable, unmistakable, irresistible bitterness bliss.

hosehead (1) - santa barbara, California, USA - JUN 21, 2006 does not count
nice clean crisp slap to the tounge. it seems that when it comes to the glorification of hops, Stone can do no wrong. deffinitely a staple for me.

lelandmalinski (1) - brooklyn, New York, USA - OCT 27, 2006 does not count
I miss you from the tap.. since i live on the east coast now.. but i miss you .. and you are alwasy in my thoughts

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
IPArules (1) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - MAR 16, 2007 does not count
The benchmark for IPAs worldwide. Brave, no holds barred. IPA lovers hate weak yellow pissant beers made for the masses. Ruination is the IPA for IPA men! Hail!!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
drownedinIPA (1) - USA - APR 4, 2007 does not count
Excellent, full-bodied IPA with a great finish. Goes well with spicy and flavorful foods. I can probably drink this nearly every day.

litescript (1) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JUN 21, 2007 does not count
My perfect beer. Itís great on the palate, with a fresh, herbal (comes from the hops) taste, with almost no noticeable malt background. Trust me, though, itís there...as the flavor trails off, you notice a bit of a cookie-like flavor, but you could easily miss it! Delicious. If you love hops and IBUs, drink this one!