overall

RATINGS: 3443   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

Tilley4 (218) - Huron, Tennessee, USA - DEC 12, 2007
One unbelievable beer here. I am not worthy to even rate this beer. I had shied away from this one simply because I believed it to be one of those "over the top" novelty beers that was bitter just for the sake of it. I was on a beer run about 3 hours north of the house to pick up some Bells Two Hearted Ale when I saw a few of these 12 oz bottles sitting on the shelf and thought, "What the heck!". I am a happy man. This thing glows like golden honey when poured and while it doesnít have much of a head, thatís not what Iím concerned with. The aroma on this is fairly similar to a Dogfish Head 90 Minute, but maybe a bit more intense. Was expecting a huge bitterness to this, but it is one smooth puppy. Wonderful hoppiness to the flavor with a surprisingly strong backbone of malt that balances this out perfectly. Itís everything I look for in a beer. I am going to make a run to Indiana to pick up some Dreadnaught here in a week or so and Iím curious to see how they stack up against one another. I simply canít imagine a beer being much better than this. The 7.7 is hidden fairly well until you get to the end of the bottle and realize what youíve gotten yourself into. Simply amazing beer that will stay in my beer fridge from now on. Best beer Iíve ever had up to this point. I gave it a perfect rating in every category because I have never tasted a better beer up to this point and canít think of anything I would change about it. My wife will probably grow to hate this beer.

acepod8 (4) - Arizona, USA - JAN 30, 2008 does not count
This beer is my personal favourite. Great bitter taste with a hint of grapefruit. At first it may be strong but towards the centre of the bottle it really mellows out into utter delight! I recommend to any IPA drinker.

rfp0923 (1) - Arizona, USA - MAR 21, 2008 does not count
This is by far my favorite beer of all time. I have yet to find another that my palatte enjoys as much as this one, but I am willing to continue my search no matter how long the journey.

fg8080 (37) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 12, 2008
If i could only drink 1 beer for the rest of my life , this is it son. Fav Brewer is stone, fav Brew is this godsent RUINATION beautifull IPA. Forget about a bottle, buy a case.

BasharTeg (5) - USA - MAY 14, 2008 does not count
The fact that Stone can put so much flavor into a beer this bitter is amazing. One of the best beers Iíve ever had.

hopfanatic (1) - Dover, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 5, 2008 does not count
Thank you so much for Ruination!! So many other breweries have lost their Hoppy flavor, then I discovered Ruination. Absolutely marvelous!!! I am sold!!! I am...RUINED!!!!!! Thank You!

andrewboss (137) - New York, USA - JUN 24, 2008
WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! for bitter lover, this beer is absolute heaven! this, along with arrogant bastard, is the greatest american beer iíve ever had!!!

hamsterglory (48) - Bryan, Texas, USA - SEP 14, 2008
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2008 i had this ale for the first time two years ago in a downtown denver pub with my good friend herb harjes. on a mission to try as many beers in one weekend as possible, i skipped my hope for various tastings and guzzled down several pints of stoneís ruination ipa. this beer is the muthaload. the shadowcaster. the unbastard son of bellís two hearted ale. and iíve waited two long years to taste it once more. finally, the wife and i flew into denver once more to visit herb and cara. herb and i took in a quick trip to a local beer store yesterday, scoring hopheavy treats completely unavailable in my native tejas. and, finally, after a two year wait, i found stoneís ruination ipa. herb and i split the 22-ounce bomber into two large flute shaped glasses. blazeningly bright copper in color with a thick white head, this beer appears every bit dry-hopped and well-nurtured. the aroma speaks of huge hops and flowers and grapefruits: a citrus loverís ultimate fantasy. herb and i sipped this beer on his denver front porch last night, watching the rain and brisking the evening chill as it wafted in and challenged the onslaught of summertime grove tree winds. we sipped as slowly as we talked, listening to the drizzling skyline temper the weathering peaks of a draining week. and the ale helped also. two long years in the waiting paid off: but iíd rather have this on a consistently therapeutic tap.

SHANER4 (479) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 20, 2008
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2009 12 oz. bottle - Pours a murky copper color with small off white head. Aroma is incredible... I get so excited when I first crack open a bottle and smell it instantly. A resin hop aroma that canít be beat. Flavor is bitter which I love also som citrus, grapefruit and pungent aged cheese aftertaste. This is the best IPA I have had, this brew rocks and highly recomend if you love HOPS !!!!! I am adding to my rating due to the fact that this beer is perfection. I recently have had 4 or 5 6 pacs over the course of a few weeks and enjoy each beer more than the last !! I have had Hop Wallop and many other IPAís but none compare to the Ruination !!! rerate 8/11/09 - I bought a six pac from different liqour store 3 months ago and this Ruination poured clear and not cloudy like I was accustomed to. It tasted strange and did not care for. I then bought a 6 pac from my usual place and it poured cloudy and tasted awesome like I remember. So if you get Ruination and it pours clear its probably going to suck!!

tjmiller83 (1) - San Marcos, California, USA - MAR 26, 2009 does not count
By far, the best IPA if you are looking for a powerful buzzed feeling. This is my favorite beer out there right now.