RATINGS: 3667   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
gallagwar (30) - USA - DEC 23, 2006
If you like bitter beer, youíve come to the right place. Very strong. One bottle can kick the unseasoned beer drinker in the backside. A beer you MUST be in the mood for.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
LearninBeer (436) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - DEC 27, 2006
The aroma is hoppy. The head is off-white, fizzy with good lacing and mostly diminishing. The initial flavor is light bitter, finishing with a long moderate bitter. The body is light, the texture is a creamy/watery feel and the carbonation is lively. A real good IPA but not as good as I was expecting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
crizay (1050) - Brook Park, Ohio, USA - JAN 1, 2007
UPDATED: JUN 17, 2007 Pours clear darker amber medium white head. Aroma is intense with grapefruit you know itís gonna be bitter. Flavor is what it is a beer with a ton of hops, grapefruit all the way, nice chocolate and crystal malt touch but the bitterness level is just so damn high. The aftertaste is like you just took a bite out of a grapefruit it really does, but the bitterness really leaves an irony metallic sharp bite on your tongue, itís just not for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
theReverend (3) - USA - JAN 14, 2007 does not count
Firstly, this beer looks to me like a lovely, appetizing glass of urine, or perhaps apple juice. Strong, fruity, fresh and clean nose. The always charming missive on the bottle for this one talks up the ball-breakery of this beer, but when I drink it I just get smooth, fruity, fizz, yeast...and of course HOPS. I capitalize this because the brewery would want me to, and if I wanted to be in the good graces of a brewery it would be Stone. (Free beer?) Iím sitting here drinking this beer with wheninhell, whose review I peeked at for half a second to catch the word "grapefruit", which immediately made me curse myself for not thinking of that. Itís very true, so thanks for that. The aftertaste is like a wheaty, non-sweetened candy, if such a thing exists.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
hops4thebest (11) - USA - JAN 18, 2007
I canít figure out why people fuss about this beer. I like hops, and so the high IBUís are a plus for me. But to me the citrus, pine, grass, etc., etc., that others describe in this beer are not nearly present enough. This is a very good beer, sure, but compared to other top DIPAís I think this one has a notably one dimensional flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
UselessGdTaste (365) - Long Beach, California, USA - JAN 22, 2007
UPDATED: JUN 20, 2007 Very bitter, but at the same time there is a lot of sweetness going on. Hops are the focus for sure, but all around, they didnít ignore the rest of the beer, which rounds this beer out to be a killer IPA. I just donít care for my mouth feeling like I have drank this 5 hours later.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
kempicus (343) - Bakewell, Derbyshire, ENGLAND - NOV 11, 2007
Pours a dark straw colour with an off white head, good lace work. Dark Banana cake on the nose and on the palate with blistering bitterness to follow, immensely unsubtle but I guess thatís what itís all about!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
kseecs16 (1213) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - NOV 16, 2007
Big Bottle. Poured an orange amber with a small off-white head. Some lacing. A strong sweet grassy hops nose. Potently bitter with a sweet floral resiny hops. A good strong ipa with a nice lingering bitterness and full creamy body. Very nice, but not an ideal hop profile for my taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sirpsycho (393) - Murrysville, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 8, 2007
Bottle. Pours a clear amber / orange, white head that doesnít stick around long. Aroma is hops and grapefruit. Flavor is a little sweet, hops & citrus. Bitter baby, bitter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
cgort (56) - San Clemente, California, USA - JAN 2, 2008
UPDATED: JAN 22, 2008 Bottle. Golden amber color with a white head that quickly dissipates. Smells of intense citrus, hint of alcohol. Hoppy flavor that dances on your tongue along with a light alcohol flavor. Although very bitter I found a sweet taste somewhere in there that I canít put into words. Good for someone who loves bitter. Also, has a slight warming in the throat.