overall

RATINGS: 3352   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
BustedFlat (554) - Edina, Minnesota, USA - JAN 3, 2009
Poured cloudy yellow with a foamy white head. Grapefruit aroma. Intense bitterness up front. Pine hops and some grapefruit. Lacked balance. I’m not much of a hop head so I guess this one was really not for me, but I thought I would give it a shot anyway.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ReggieDunlap (2926) - The dub c, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 16, 2009
pours a hazy honey color with a thin white head...retention could be better. aroma is very sweet and resinous with pineapple and grapefruit. flavor is more grapefruit with some grassiness. very light on the palate and smooth with a dry earthy finish. not my favorite stone product...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bjt512 (292) - Athens, Georgia, USA - MAY 14, 2010
How do you say something bad about a legend? Does it matter if 2000+ of us have already reviewed it? I won’t leave you solely with rhetorical questions, but I’m not sure precisely what my comments about the beer’s delicious hop aroma, appetizing amber glow, or disappointingly imbalanced (too little malt) flavor would contribute to your decision-making. Perhaps it would be helpful if I confessed that, despite my love of dipas in general, I find Stone’s regular old ipa to be better balanced and a finer beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
SirLimpsalot (1955) - SWEDEN - NOV 2, 2010
Den doftade bra, men är tyvärr mycket överhumlat och lite för besk. Liten besvikelse.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
onceblind (3672) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 31, 2011
Sampled at Denver Winter Brewfest 2011. Hazy yellow with a generous white head. Aroma is super hopped, yet also very fruity like tropical starbusrt combined with hops. Taste is the same; tropical candy and a truckload of piney floral hops. The hop profile quickly turns citrusy bitter. Very bitter. Reminiscent of the Oskar Blues Gubna. Super hopped and bitter, not really balanced. I can see the appeal, but it’s not for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
XmnwildX12 (2078) - Farmington, Minnesota, USA - MAR 11, 2011
A very strong hop flavor to this beer, it was very bitter and stayed bitter through out the after taste and then some.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mattyb83 (736) - Minnesota, USA - APR 15, 2011
Tap. Clear golden orange in color with a medium sized off white head. Nice aroma with pineapple, orange, some grapefruit. Very fruity and enjoyable. Taste is filled with orange, a bunch of bitterness, and a good dose of booze. You could say that the taste differs from the aroma quite a bit. Really let down by how this tastes. Medium bodied and slightly sticky mouthfeel.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jckp64 (355) - St Louis, Missouri, USA - APR 22, 2011
Had a bottle at the Royal in St. Louis. Pours hazy orange with a small white head. Aroma is piney and citrus hops. Taste is not as bitter as I thought it was going to be. checked the bottle a saw that it was 3 months old. probably had a lot to do with the light bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
thome50 (887) - Boringville aka Irvine, California, USA - MAY 7, 2011
Draft at Stone. Aroma is that of Stone beer. Some hoppiness and citrus but really no pine I can pick up. A darker orange to almost brown in the pour with a 1/4" head. The taste is bitter with some nice hops but then the requisite Stone flavor comes in that reminds you that you are drinking Stone beer. Meh. Overall, it is a stone DIPA but barely. I still think of it more in the IPA range.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
kylefleeger (105) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - JUN 10, 2011
Its dry very dry. Pours a light orange with little head on the pour. I think compared to regular ruination this beer is far more mild in hop characteristics and upfront palate punch. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing considering the sort of one note beer ruination is... at least this is a different note and more complex cousin. Good not great!