overall

RATINGS: 3468   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
wineandbrew (40) - Steilacoom, Washington, USA - DEC 8, 2006
Bought @ Steilacoom Wine and Brew. Stone is a wonderful brewery, but I will say that IPAís arenít my fave right off the bat. That being said, I enjoy this beer... Yes, a lot of hops, but balanced with the malt of an (almost) imperial IPA, so the body helps the IBUís come across evenly. Good Solid Brew!

dunkpigen (379) - Kolding, DENMARK - FEB 17, 2008
Bottle @ the wolf tasting. Hazy orange. Aroma of hops, fruty - citrus. Flavour is hoppy, sweet and fruty - like Altea Drops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
popdoggy (100) - USA - APR 15, 2008
appearance: golden, cloudy, brown tints in the white head. head quickly disappears to leave a nice lacing Aroma: hops, more the grapefruit smell than anything else .... inviting Flavor Flav: Bittering, not as mind blowingly hops as label and description would make you think. Balanced Ipa ... .doesnt taste like a dipa to me. Palate: kinda light refreshed Drinkability: super high.... I want more.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
specksnreds (55) - USA - SEP 14, 2008
Love the amber/gold color. Strong resin nose. Citrus note for sure on first taste. Mouthfeel is a little watery. I like it, but I think my expectations were too high. Worth another try though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
BustedFlat (554) - Edina, Minnesota, USA - JAN 3, 2009
Poured cloudy yellow with a foamy white head. Grapefruit aroma. Intense bitterness up front. Pine hops and some grapefruit. Lacked balance. I’m not much of a hop head so I guess this one was really not for me, but I thought I would give it a shot anyway.

reggiedunlop (3113) - The dub c, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 16, 2009
pours a hazy honey color with a thin white head...retention could be better. aroma is very sweet and resinous with pineapple and grapefruit. flavor is more grapefruit with some grassiness. very light on the palate and smooth with a dry earthy finish. not my favorite stone product...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
livelaughlovep (108) - Lakewood, Ohio, USA - APR 5, 2009
UPDATED: MAY 28, 2009 Notes of soap, pine, citrus peel and grass. Aggressive bitter finish, slightly sweet.

imdownthepub (10488) - Banbury, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - JUL 5, 2009
Cask conditioned at The White Horse, Parsons Green, London. Clouded gold with no head. After the standard IPA this was completely over the top, very bitter and difficult to drink. Heavy, piney grapefruit, drying. Not great.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
mrhoppy (1285) - Santa Clara, California, USA - JUL 11, 2009
Pretty good. Has a huge grapefruit presence. Doesnít really draw me in. I havenít had a Stone beer that I really loved.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bjt512 (292) - Athens, Georgia, USA - MAY 14, 2010
How do you say something bad about a legend? Does it matter if 2000+ of us have already reviewed it? I wonít leave you solely with rhetorical questions, but Iím not sure precisely what my comments about the beerís delicious hop aroma, appetizing amber glow, or disappointingly imbalanced (too little malt) flavor would contribute to your decision-making. Perhaps it would be helpful if I confessed that, despite my love of dipas in general, I find Stoneís regular old ipa to be better balanced and a finer beer.