overall

RATINGS: 3578   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
JanEric (1101) - Meppel, NETHERLANDS - JAN 14, 2015
Tap at Brewdog Manchester (4-1-2015). Clear golden colour with aroma of citrus and grapefruit from the hops. Bitter taste, with grapefruit and citrus again. You don’t taste the IBU’s anymore after some sips.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Luvystypotables (933) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - JAN 18, 2015
Aroma of apricot, hops, pine and hops. Caramel color with a short lasting white well laced head. Dry chalky feel with a taste of fruit, and hops with a very bitter finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
CroftyCuts (24) - - FEB 25, 2015
At a tasting from a bottle. Joey Jordanoff and I concur, solid aroma backed up by a nice balance of hops and malts. A little resin on the palate but not overwhelming. Solid drop.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
thedm (5004) - Fort Wayne, USA - JUN 22, 2003
This brew poured a small head of fine to large sized white bubbles and amber orange transparent body. It has a strong hoppy aroma and a strong hoppy flavor to boot. It has an initial hop flavor and a strong hop finish. You can summarize the brew in 1 word! HOPPY. A true hopheads delight.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
clvand0 (350) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - AUG 3, 2003
This beer pours a couldy orange color with a small head and minimal lacing on the glass. The aroma is very hoppy - like most micro IPA's. The flavor was very hoppy and spicy as the aroma hinted at. This is a good representation of the IPA class and if you're a hop head, this one is for you.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
swtchcrook (3) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - JAN 19, 2004 does not count
Three Floyds, get off your high horse. This ale is quite possibly my favorite beer ever. beautiful pour, just slightly cloudy,with an AMAZING aroma. The taste truly is ruinous, and oh so bitter. Not being a fan of sweeter PAs, this one just took the almighty Sierra Nevada off of my numbewr 1 spot! Perfect in every way!!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
shotgun1431 (128) - franklin furnace, Ohio, USA - NOV 19, 2004
Looks like a glass of honey. Not a lot of aroma. Flavor is fruity and very hoppy. Maybe a little too hoppy for my taste. A decent beer that I think is better alone than with most food.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
entertheiceman (242) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 12, 2005
Has that cake-like flavor and aroma I find in some beers (usually American Strong Ales) that just gets my gag reflex going. With all the hype about how bitter this was going to be I was hoping to drink something resembling Pine-Sol but alas I was dissapointed with this cloudy orange beer. Nice lacing and great bitter finish are a few redeming qualities but it was a miss-fire in my opinion, especially considering what a perfect example of the style that their IPA is. I would expect the same result from Stone’s Imperial IPA offering.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
aspidites (1272) - manteca, California, USA - MAR 14, 2005
A very small Double in my opinion. This is more of an IPA. Some sweet malt almost honeyed. Biscuity and cookie malt notes. ok bitterness but not Stone big. A small Imperial by CA standards. Needs buttloads more hop bitterness and resin.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
awebster (165) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 31, 2005
This beer kicks me in the ass. Extremely hoppy and bitter. I understand the selling point of this beer is its bitterness, but I can do no more than sip it slowly. It feels like it dries out my mouth when I drink it.