overall

RATINGS: 3454   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
HuskerTan (497) - Holdrege, Nebraska, USA - JUL 5, 2014
Bottle. A- Caramel, malty, biscuits, sweet, doughy. A- Orange color, hazy liquid, white head. T- Very bitter, caramel, bready. P- Full body, average texture, average carbonation, lingering bitter finish. O- My bottle had almost a year of age on it which definitely brought out the biscuit and sweet bread notes, but it was still bitter as hell. I may be the only person on Earth who thinks Stone is far from the best brewer there is. I am yet to have anything by them that isnít aggressive as hell and just flat out overrated. Thanks, but no thanks.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
geologyguy (691) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - SEP 13, 2014
Orange smell, not as big a smell as expected, taste isnt nearly as hoppy as they lead on...taste is poor though, what do people see?!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - SEP 20, 2002
For appearance, look at the picture, thatís what it looked like. The aroma was strong w/ hops and little else. The taste ... to say that this beer is hoppy would be like saying that pixie sticks are sweet. It hurt to drink this thing. Please understand, Iím not much of an IPA fan and this one ... well this one grabs you in your nether regions and makes you call it "big daddy". Other people will probably love this beer. Not me. I want to enjoy my beer, not get beat down by it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
jefffalcone (2) - Stoughton, USA - OCT 24, 2013 does not count
This stuff is clumsy and one note. There is no craft to it only excess. it hits you right away with extreme bitterness that overpowers you taste buds. reminds me of very dark roast coffee, if you get the analogy. def not saying it has any notes of coffee to the taste, just the analogy. stone has many delicious offerings, this is not one.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
cheap (4055) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 12, 2007
Why do I continue to torture myself with IPA? I am not purposefully attempting to make IPA lovers angry! I just want to taste every possible beer out there. Very little identifiable smell, some hops in the aroma but you can barely tell. Typical pale yellow american beer colors. Flavor impact is big and hoppy, little warning from the appearance. As usual, in this style you canít taste anything other than hops, hops, and more hops. Bitter and medicinal, anticipated. Very little if any carbonation on the back of the throat. Overall, true to itís styleÖ..with some perfumy flavors. This is a big IPA deal. Were hops originally intended as a beer preservative?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Davhgbrew (940) - Coconut Creek, Florida, USA - SEP 6, 2013
Orange color. Strong bitter and unpleasant flavor. Huge poorly balanced hop presence. Pungent!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
thejon375 (410) - Tampa, Florida, USA - FEB 22, 2009
Not my favorite kind of beer. But still tastes like drinking potpourri liquid. If you like hoppy ass beer then drink this one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
kjharley (8) - anchorage, Alaska, USA - AUG 11, 2005 does not count
I am not a fan of IPAís and this one proved it for me not that it is a bad beer but not for my palate. If you like bitter, hoppy beers this ones for you.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
UnsofistaCat (237) - Garden City, Michigan, USA - JUL 7, 2006
Yuck. This beer, in my opinion, is just way too hoppy. Just becuase a beer has 10,000 pounds of hop oil in it doesnít make it taste great. I know that high IBU beer is all the rage, but this was overboard. I couldnít even finish this one. This tastes like Cascade hops tea, not beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
nathanh5 (9) - Alexandria, Alabama, USA - MAY 11, 2011 does not count
Yuk!! The name says it all: This will totally ruin your session palate!! 100% bitter, front of tongue, to finish. Even worse, with each sip the hops build up on your tongue like dirty laundry in your hamper...I donít know what Stoneís philosophy is with bitter hops, but most of their beers are like this!!