overall

RATINGS: 1166   WEIGHTED AVG: 4/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 324   ABV: 10.8%
RUINING PALATES SINCE 2002
In June 2012, we celebrated the 10th birthday of our notoriously mega-hopped double IPA, Stone Ruination IPA, with the release of a very special version that was even bigger and, incredibly, even hoppier than the original. If Stone Ruination IPA is ďA Liquid Poem to the Glory of the Hop,Ē then Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA was an amped-up heavy metal version of that ode delivered with the force of a sledgehammer. Luckily for us, our fans love loud and aggressive brews, specifically when copious amounts of humulus lupulus are involved. The original release of this beer was so instantly beloved by those who dared try it

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BillWyce (984) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 14, 2013
From notes: Poured lightly hazy orange-amber with a 3-finger bone-colored head. As would be expected from Stone, a strong citrus hops aroma, with some citrus peel as well. Body is medium-to-full, with a mild oily thickness that lingers in the finish with a mild astringency. Flavor is deep in citrusy and resiny hops, perhaps with a light caramel malt note as it warms.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
fakebeersnob (320) - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA - SEP 13, 2013
This was poured in a tulip at the local pub. Did not recognize it to just be a version of the Ruination that I had earlier this year, I did not get the horrible aroma that I noticed from the Ruination...though you can tell by the scent this was going to be a hop bomb. This is probably great for the people that love the bitter is better beers. I am finding out that I like the milder IPAs. I guess I should owe it to these beers to let me know that.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
SDalkoholic (2331) - Linda Vista, California, USA - SEP 12, 2013
Bottle from Sproutís: Poured a lightly burnt orange hue liquid topped with a thick pillow of foam head on top. The aroma is full of pleasant citrus smelling hops that become noticeable as soon as the cap came off. Slight background of alcohol in the nose, but the hops do a nice job of trying to mask the odor of it. The drink is harsh with an extremely bitter bite of hops that taste astringent and like as if I am drinking medicine. Not as good as I thought it would be but at least the price with tax and CRV was under $9.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Beese (2561) - Watford, Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - SEP 12, 2013
Cask at the Great British Beer Festival 2013. Poured a slightly hazy dark orange with a medium off white head. Big hop aroma with sweet grapefruit notes. Flavours of tart citrus and caramel. Palate is a balance of resin hop bitterness and biscuity sweetness.

camborne (656) - Hopkins, Minnesota, USA - SEP 11, 2013
If it a big hop bomb you seek then here you go. I personally loved it. Great hops punch with citrus and resin. Added malt smooths the edges out. Long great bitter finish. Cant handle it then move on

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DougHnut70 (72) - Livermore, California, USA - SEP 7, 2013
A bomber from Costco poured into a tulip. Pours a cloudy dark orange with a thin head. Smell is fruity sweetness and hops, but pretty light. Big dank, resin, hoppy, earthy taste. Bitter, hoppy aftertaste lingers for a few (not a bad thing). Medium carbonation but a thick, smooth beer. Itís a Stone, so compare to Ruination but this is bigger, bolder and better. Might be one of the best 10.8% I have ever had. Enjoyed and wish I would have bought one or two more...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
maltman53 (460) - Corrales, New Mexico, USA - SEP 3, 2013
Pours copper orange, hoppy nose, heavy alcoholic middle malt palate, heavy alcoholic finish. I drank this side-by-side with Knee Deepís Hoptologist, and I much preferred the Hoptologist. It hid its 9% ABV much more delicately than Stoneís 10.8% ABV.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beastiefan2k (3499) - HdG (past: NYC, KS, Rain City), Maryland, USA - SEP 2, 2013
Snifter on tap at Lockdown in Chicago. I donít know why I let RB fool me into drinking this beer. A big Stone beer and I thought maybe I could like it. Thick glowing orange color but cannot see through it. Aroma is dirty resin oily fusel alcohol. Way too much bitter punch in the nose. Nothing fun about smelling this beer. Similar in flavor lots of pine and cleaning product hops. Bitterness and sweet chewy malts dominate. This was an interesting beer in 2005, nowadays its just a pile of alcohol and boring over the top hoppiness. By the end I was like a kid taking his cough medicine and just trying to finish it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
tympanic (168) - New York, New York, USA - SEP 2, 2013
I am not an IPA fan, so I was waiting to be won over. The price was right for a bomber at Foodtown. The Ratebeer 100 label was proudly displayed. This smells like dog food and tastes like every other pretentiously hoppy astringent IPA Iíve had since 2007. Whatever.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ryanfolty (2380) - Bourbon County, Minnesota, USA - SEP 2, 2013
September 2, 2013 - bottle from Cyclone. Cloudy orange pour with huge head and spotty lacing. Aroma was malty and citrus / piney hops. Taste was malty initially then the citrus and finish was a piney bitterness. Medium body, some carbonation and bitterness lingers in aftertaste.