overall

RATINGS: 65   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Contract brewed for Jones Brewing Co.

A smooth refreshing all grain beer. This beer is brewed and aged the natural, costlier way. Using the finest barley, malt, selected grains and hops to produce a smooth and refreshing Stoneyís beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (6532) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 18, 2008
Sampled from a 12 oz can this beer poured a bright golden color with a medium sized white head that faded quickly. The aroma was sour, tangy and a bit dry. The flavor was lightly sour, tangy and a bit dry with almost no finish. Bland but inoffensive.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Mirage52 (147) - New Market, Maryland, USA - FEB 27, 2008
Not a bad Pittsburgh area brew. I prefer it to Iron City. You gotta keep these beers alive or else everything we drink will be generic corporate beer with no ties to your hometown. Not that I am from Pittsburgh, but I will enjoy one of these when I am in the Western Maryland panhandle. Itís watery, and tastes like everything else, but I appreciate the hard work that the locals put into making the beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
wxman (1724) - OíFallon, Illinois, USA - OCT 10, 2007
Itís been many years since I had a Stoneys, but I thought Iíd rate from memory anway. 16oz bottle pours a golden yellow with a decent white head that diminished quickly, but a thin layer remained throughout. As I recall it had a cornmeal and light hop aroma that was pleasant. Taste was sweet malt, corn grits and some hop bitterness. This was always a very pedestrian american lager, but tasted like they did back 20 to 30 years ago. Better than todayís macros.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
dp (608) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - JUL 26, 2007
$15 a case, didnít expect much, was happy with what i purchased, creamy tongue feel, bubbles, easy to drink, hint of malt, kind of a very odd mint like aftertaste

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
coldbrewky (1670) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - MAY 19, 2007
I once had made a chair out of all the cases of returnables when I was in grad school at Slippery Rock. I must admit that there were one or two cases of Iron City mixed in with the rest. compared to the acid mine drainage water that flowed from every water tap in the county this stuff was the elixer of life in that area. Had one run me down this memory lane last night as my father bought a case of it for a change. Some people change....most people donít. This beer has not. Color nose and taste of straw. light body that is quite consumable and the 16.oz bottles stay put in the beverage holder of the lawnmower.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
jokerman (4) - Monaca, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 5, 2007 does not count
UPDATED: APR 4, 2007 My how the mighty have fallen, this beer used to be a local favorite for decades..Now I actually have to ASK my beer distributor to order it for me..What a shame..Itís a crisp clean beer with an odd creamy finish on your tongue. I dont understand some of the negative reviews on this site, this beer is miles above any of the biggies from Anheuser bush,Miller..Ect...Its a great cut the grass day beer, And you can drink a ton of it and not get a hangover (Trust me on this one)..

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
xav33 (313) - Midland, MI, Michigan, USA - SEP 15, 2006
Stoneyís Beer 16 oz can Recent Brewing, drank 09/06 Medium pour in a pint glass. Poured clear light yellow with a small white fully diminishing head. Smelt of sweet multi grain bread. Taste was upfront moderately sweet bread followed followed by a light sweet fruitiness and light bitter bite, and a tinge of weird off putting taste. Mouthfeel was light to medium, creamy, bubbly and lightly astringent. Overall, Iím not sure whether to hate this beer or love it. Itís like a good obscure cheap american pale lager, but at the same time, itís a cheap american pale lager with all these funky tastes.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
thedm (5548) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAY 19, 2006
This bottled brew from Traverse City, MI poured a small sized head of foamy white colored fine to medium sized mostly lasting bubbles that left behind a good sheet lacing and a transparent carbonated light orange yellow colored body. The aroma was very mild with malty hoppy notes to it. The mouth feel was crisp and clean with a mild malty aftertaste. Very nice indeed. The mild malt hop flavor had a slight astringency to an otherwise pretty good brew.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
hotstuff (4837) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - FEB 13, 2006
Bottle. Poured a small white fizzy head that mostly diminished with poor lacing, transparent, carbonated, and a yellow hue. Nose was malty and lightly hoppy. Flavor was sweet, malty, and lightly hoppy. Nothing outstanding. Tingly palate. Light body.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Bigsilky (327) - Charleston, USA - JAN 20, 2006
This is my boat beer. ITís in cans, and doesnít harbor a lot of flavor. Perfect for the heat. Am I supposed to drink Imperial IPA while fishing????? I think not. Worse than Beast? Old Mil? Someone needs a hug. Iíve paid more for a lot worse.