overall

RATINGS: 62   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.26   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Contract brewed for Jones Brewing Co.

A smooth refreshing all grain beer. This beer is brewed and aged the natural, costlier way. Using the finest barley, malt, selected grains and hops to produce a smooth and refreshing Stoneyís beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Mirage52 (147) - New Market, Maryland, USA - FEB 27, 2008
Not a bad Pittsburgh area brew. I prefer it to Iron City. You gotta keep these beers alive or else everything we drink will be generic corporate beer with no ties to your hometown. Not that I am from Pittsburgh, but I will enjoy one of these when I am in the Western Maryland panhandle. Itís watery, and tastes like everything else, but I appreciate the hard work that the locals put into making the beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
jeffwhalen (45) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 7, 2003
A good classic beer indeed. Great taste for cheap beer, especially from a bottle...by local and you never go wrong...support local industry

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
puphus (34) - Carbondale, Colorado, USA - APR 13, 2002
average taste, little head, typical standard American beer.

GrainBeltMan (28) - California, USA - NOV 6, 2010
Tasty lager that goes down easy. Has a yeasty edge which I like. Now that Iíve found Stoneyís 16-oz sixers for $6 or so at BevMo here in S-Diego, Iíll be adding these to my regular rotation of Starz Beer (Scripps Ranch Liquors), Simpler Times Lager (6.2% abv -- Trader Joesís) and Genesee (BevMo.) Regional, old-fashioned lagers are my thing, the best being -- of course -- Grain Belt, which I hope will be distributed here again in the future.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Kingsley (26) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 9, 2006
Looks are deceiving. This appears to be like any ordinary cheap beer, but is the worst beer Iíve ever tried, out of thousands of brands.. My buddies and I bought this putrid stuff on a very depressing Friday night in Pittsburgh when, without warning, we came upon our favorite distributor (Mellingerís) when it was closed. In anguish, we declared "rude beer week" and trudged to the nearest convenience store to buy the four worst prospects. This beer was far worse than Old Milwaukee, Milwaukeeís Best, and Blatz. The first bottle was so bad, we tried a second just to be sure it wasnít a fluke. Looks decent enough, but smells faintly of metal and rotting vegetables. Tastes of rusty nails steeped in watery spittle, with hints of aluminum mine tailings and coal dust. Kill garden slugs just fine.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dwest3 (8) - North Carolina, USA - JUN 22, 2004 does not count
UPDATED: JUL 28, 2004 Not bad, not great. Better than Iron Shitty or Rolling Rock as far a western PA brews go. Like a really good Budweiser (oxymoron huh?) The sixer i bought was worth every bit the 2.99 i spent on it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
jokerman (4) - Monaca, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 5, 2007 does not count
UPDATED: APR 4, 2007 My how the mighty have fallen, this beer used to be a local favorite for decades..Now I actually have to ASK my beer distributor to order it for me..What a shame..Itís a crisp clean beer with an odd creamy finish on your tongue. I dont understand some of the negative reviews on this site, this beer is miles above any of the biggies from Anheuser bush,Miller..Ect...Its a great cut the grass day beer, And you can drink a ton of it and not get a hangover (Trust me on this one)..

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
tornpie99 (3) - West Newton, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 5, 2001 does not count
I live a couple miles away from th brewery within the area of its popularity. Iíve thought of this as the Gewurztraminer of beers since many people either hate or love the beer. I always heard it was terrible until I actually tried it, and I thought that it isnít bad. Of all the lower standard American beers, this ranks as my favorite.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
TKingsley (3) - California, USA - APR 6, 2011 does not count
Definitely one of the worst beers Iíve ever tasted! Metallic flavor predominates -- at first I thought this was a fluke and so opened a second bottle and found it to be consistent.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
christou (1) - Illinois, USA - JAN 10, 2010 does not count
A very simple pale lager. Slight alcohol aroma. Minimal head. Light sweet and bitter taste. Refreshing beer. Light finish. Light body with a lively carbonation.