overall

RATINGS: 62   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.26   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Contract brewed for Jones Brewing Co.

A smooth refreshing all grain beer. This beer is brewed and aged the natural, costlier way. Using the finest barley, malt, selected grains and hops to produce a smooth and refreshing Stoney’s beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
seanchilada (1) - - MAR 19, 2013 does not count
To all those Stoney’s haters on this site, I present you with this Haiku in honor of my new favorite beer: four ninety nine twelve pack Sure as hell can’t beat that, man tastes delicious too

GrainBeltMan (28) - California, USA - NOV 6, 2010
Tasty lager that goes down easy. Has a yeasty edge which I like. Now that I’ve found Stoney’s 16-oz sixers for $6 or so at BevMo here in S-Diego, I’ll be adding these to my regular rotation of Starz Beer (Scripps Ranch Liquors), Simpler Times Lager (6.2% abv -- Trader Joes’s) and Genesee (BevMo.) Regional, old-fashioned lagers are my thing, the best being -- of course -- Grain Belt, which I hope will be distributed here again in the future.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
tornpie99 (3) - West Newton, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 5, 2001 does not count
I live a couple miles away from th brewery within the area of its popularity. I’ve thought of this as the Gewurztraminer of beers since many people either hate or love the beer. I always heard it was terrible until I actually tried it, and I thought that it isn’t bad. Of all the lower standard American beers, this ranks as my favorite.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
jokerman (4) - Monaca, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 5, 2007 does not count
UPDATED: APR 4, 2007 My how the mighty have fallen, this beer used to be a local favorite for decades..Now I actually have to ASK my beer distributor to order it for me..What a shame..It’s a crisp clean beer with an odd creamy finish on your tongue. I dont understand some of the negative reviews on this site, this beer is miles above any of the biggies from Anheuser bush,Miller..Ect...Its a great cut the grass day beer, And you can drink a ton of it and not get a hangover (Trust me on this one)..

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - JUL 12, 2003
As I was drinking this, someone walked up and called it the "diabetic beer." No sugar added, etc. Not bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Beer Guy99 (250) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - OCT 25, 2001
Typical of a standard domestic lager but there’s enough extra depth and flavor to give Stoney’s an edge over the mass-produced domestic lagers from the giants. If Bud is your beer, why not buy Stoney’s...it’s better is every respect but close enough to your familiar style of beer to keep you happy. I’d much rather support little Jone’s Brewing Company than the giants who are trying hard to kill these little breweries. Not a bad product but I would like to see them eliminate the adjuncts and go all malt.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
JFGrind (1848) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 17, 2001
Western Pa’s little secret, Great to see a small brewery putting out a quality product that inexpensive. My favorite Stoney’s comes in the 16 ounce ’keg’ bottles.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
jeffwhalen (45) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 7, 2003
A good classic beer indeed. Great taste for cheap beer, especially from a bottle...by local and you never go wrong...support local industry

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
zach8270 (3502) - Henrietta, New York, USA - AUG 24, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 7, 2008 [12 oz. bottle] Pale straw color with not much head. Faint sweet malt aroma. The taste was a surprisingly well balanced mix of hops and malt with a slightly sweet yet metallic finish. Not too bad. Got to support the local beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Frank (2929) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 1, 2004
Homebrewers and oldtimers will sometimes talk about a style called a Classic American Pilsner--what American beer tasted like before the entire industry became dominated by three colossal corporate entities. This is what I always imagined it tasted like. The flavor was definitely tilted toward the hops a bit more than most cheap lagers and it actually had a discernible Saaz character. The carbonation was crisp and clean though there was maybe the slightest hint of metallic off note. I like it. I’’d buy this classic Pennsylvania brew more often if was available at my classic Illinois beer store.