overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 318   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
This Bavarian-style unfiltered wheat beer is brewed with 50% malted barley and 50% malted wheat. Our signature blend of German yeast strain imparts a flavor and aroma reminiscent of bananas, cloves and bubblegum.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUN 21, 2002
mmmmm clove, mmmmm banana. Nice creamy head. This weizen is right on the money. Well balanced and well made. Super refreshing. A quality brew.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
michael-pollack (4960) - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 12, 2003
Great, full-bodied Hefe. Nice wheat and yeast flavors.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SirHopsAlot (44) - Cockeysville, Maryland, USA - JUL 2, 2002
An excellant wheat beer. There is a beautiful balance of banana and spice. A great mouthfill. A very nice beer for the summer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
chronictonic (472) - Oreland, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 15, 2003
I've had this on tap several times and I've always thought it was one of the best German style Weizens around. Tongiht had it out of the 25oz bottle and it's almost as good. Bananna, nutty, bready aroma. Not overly spiced on the flavor. Finishes nice and hoppy and crisp.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jine (896) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - NOV 7, 2004
11.06.04 As I sat at the bar at Stoudt’s brewery, I ordered this beer. The bartender suggested that for 50 cents more I upgrade from a pint glass to a 23 ounce glass. I agreed. Laying my eyes on this heavenly libation, I gripped the huge powerful thunderous chalice of earthly pleasure. Upon tasting it, I felt something deep down inside me. Heat. I’m no cowboy, but a fire was lit in my soul that did not soon die down. This may be a possible tie with weihenstephaner for the best hefe I’ve ever had

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ales4ever (24) - gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 13, 2005
Great Weizen! Nice color and texture. Starts off with a soft bannana-clove, followed by mellow malt-wheat, slight orange peal and citrus, spices and bitter balance. This is their flagship beer, totally under estimated and not given enough attention.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
pet3rman (310) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 26, 2010
UPDATED: JAN 7, 2012 My absolute favorite heft.. Great wheat aroma.. Big pillowy head. Smooth mouthfeel and great finish. Enjoyable session

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
TwoSipDip (8898) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - OCT 21, 2013
GABF 2013. Pours a cloudy yellow orange appearance with a white. Beautiful fruity - lemon, tangerine, banana - vanilla, sweet wheat aroma. Light clove, banana, nice wheat flavor that finishes pretty dry. Really a pleasure to try after being frustrated most of the Friday session with so man mediocre beers. Really would love to try this one again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ssurp (23) - trenton, New Jersey, USA - OCT 12, 2001
I had this at Stoudt’s brew pub on tap. One of the best wheats I’ve ever tasted. Their yeast strain used in this created a banana, citrus bite in the finish. The mouth feel was chewy. The wheat was a nice balance to the whole experience. Had the bottled version, but pastuerization takes away from it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
obxdude10 (2022) - Limerick, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 22, 2004
Wonderful wheat beer, hazy & cloudy straw color, huge fluffly pillow of a head, excellent lacing, nose full of banana & spices, very acidic & spritzy mouthfeel, lots of banana & clove in the flavors, not too heavy of a body, great example of the style, outstanding beer