Stoudts Honey Double Bock

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 2.96/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%

rich42's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
rich42 (128) - USA - NOV 21, 2002
interesting effort. almost mead like sweatness. some malt - hops are barely present. lots of honey flavor. can’t say this is how I would’ve done it - but it’s definitely worth trying.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jtclockwork (7976) - , New Jersey, USA - MAY 10, 2010
Pour is an off copper. Taste is very malty with a little bit of honey added. Rated 9/15/02

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
kp (10886) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
Name: Double Bock
Date: 04/17/1999
Mode: Bottle
Source: Chevy Chase, DC

deep ruby, whispy tan head, sweet malty aroma, well balanced malt flavor, a touch of alcoholic warmth

Aroma: 5/10; Appearance: 5/10; Flavor: 6/10; Palate: 5/10; Overall: 13/20
Rating: 3/5.0
Score: **+/4
-------- /> The score was calculated based upon the notes and an old scoring system.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
rlgk (10091) - Göteborg/Jönköping, SWEDEN - OCT 3, 2004
Pale amber. Fruity and malty aroma, almost sweetish. Malts and fruits are back in the flavor and comes along with some honey. Quite nice body.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ungstrup (29134) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - AUG 22, 2004
An unclear orange beer with a disappearing head. The aroma is of alcohol, oranges, peach, and honey. The flavor is dry with notes of honey and peach, on an alcoholic background.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
rickgordon (3843) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - AUG 10, 2004
Bottled. Clear amber, off-white head. Malt, bread and smallish honey notes in the aroma. Quite some maltsweetness, but not cloying. Medium bodied.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Oakes (12234) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 4, 2004
I remember this beer was pretty good last time I had it. This time it sucked and I wondered why. Then I looked at the label - Wilkes-Barre. The bottles are contracted to Lion Inc. So here’s what I think of that genius plan:
Hazy amber colour. Aroma of alcohol, nuts, honey. Thinnish body with alcohol and maybe some honey and caramel. Nothing else.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
madsberg (10140) - Søborg, DENMARK - JUL 30, 2004
Bottled: Orange coloured. Clear. Off white head. Honey, malt and a bready tone in the nose. Is very sweet (almost cloying) and somewhat alcaholic in the flavour. Has some light chocolate notes. Is light bitter in the end. I had them worse, but this is a quite boring dobbelbock

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
aracauna (3046) - Georgia, USA - JUN 16, 2004
Medium amber with a bright white fading head. Laces nicely. Mildly malty body, with hops in the back. This may be on the verge of going skunky. Honey and caramel on toast and a slight bitterness in the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 8, 2004
Every once andd a while I run into a beer that I know I have had and thought I had rated, but this is really odd. I have had at least a dozen of Stoudts brews and I just noticed I have not rated any!? I got some drinking to do. That quite alright I I typically like the brews from this brewery. Enough of the rant, now for the rate. Deep golden color with a dense off white head. Heavy malt aroma with a follow of mild hops, dry honey and a touch too much alcohol. Light pale malt and honey driness. Again alcohol rears its head. Could use a bit more malt or less honey to balance this out. Non the less I di enjoy its warming qaulities.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
dberger624 (1028) - Phila, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 13, 2004
Draft at the Grey Lodge in Philly. Nice beer. A little thin for me for a doppelbock. Nice honey flavor to it. Duh maybe because it's a honey bock. Anyway. Needed a little more malt character to it.