overall

RATINGS: 515   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
The driest and most delicate of our lagers. Stoudt’s Pils is characteristic of the traditional European Pilseners. Straw-yellow and assertively hopped with Saaz hops, this frequent medal winner has a refreshing bitterness and refined hop aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - OCT 10, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 13, 2004 Update: I feel as if I need to do this one better justice. I bought a case of this on the way to a football game, expecting it to be one of my favorite beers in the world--the raters I trust liked it, I love good pilsner, I thought how it might taste like Troegs Pils, etc. We put this in a cooler and tried it and thus my ratings below. But when I brought the rest of the beer home and refrigerated it at 50, I noticed it opened up quite a bit to reveal some quite excellent flavors. It strikes a tremendous balance between dry and soft, exactly what I like in a German style Pils. It is not as good as Troegs, but I find that I really cannot stop drinking it, which is perhaps my highest compliment. Old (days before 3.3): As advertised, this is definitely Germanic rather than Bohemian. I expected that I would love this beer, but I had a tough time getting the flavors to open up for me. Hints of good malt and shadows of hop flavor. Needs more flavor development.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sloth (2532) - Ceciltucky, Co., Maryland, USA - SEP 18, 2004
Small white head that quickly subsides, a small gathering of lace that hangs. Very pale gold color. Nice hoppy nose, mmmm saaz. Light/medium body. Good doughy maltiness backed up with a stronger than expected hop spiceyness. Hops and malt are fairly well balanced. Dry, hoppy finish, good bite. A very nice Pils, Bohemian style i suppose?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - SEP 10, 2004
Holy crap there are really fresh hop flavors in here -I mean as bitter and herbal, but also in a fine layer on top the florality. OH the florality! OH THE FLORALITY!! Clear bright yellow, puffy big bubbled head, beautiful. Saaz clinic. If it wasn’t filtered it’d be a world classic - a hair too thin.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
axilla (962) - New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 9, 2004
Pours clear yellow with a thick and foamy white head. Lots of hops in the aroma. Nice clean hoppy taste with a good malt balance.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
hopscotch (9520) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - SEP 5, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 26, 2007 Bottle... Sparkling clear, straw-colored lager with a mid-sized, creamy, white head. Very good retention and excellent, thunderhead-like lacework. The nose is citrusy and floral with light notes of orange blossom honey and butterscotch. Decently-balanced flavor with good, crisp, saaz bitterness. Stoudts is never shy with their hops when the style calls for them. Light lemon. Medium-bodied with a lightly oily mouthfeel and fizzy carbonation. Medium-length, crisp, mildly bitter finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
mkobes (2141) - paramus, New Jersey, USA - AUG 28, 2004
On tap at Ommegange fest. Clear yellow in color. Crisp and clean aroma and flavor. Hoppy. Crisp mouthfeel. Great.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - AUG 27, 2004
(Best by 1/06/2005) The nose is very fresh and full of noble hop goodness. The beer it self is very pale and unassuming, but do not be fooled because it is packed with flavor and complexities. The palate is light, smooth, bitter, and malty. The hops and the pils malt blend well to produce a well made/balanced beer. The finish is long and hoppy. Overall, the beer is infinitely drinkable. I like it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
99beerman (29) - Gardners, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 14, 2004
(Draft @ Stoudt’s Microbrewer’s Festival) Poured an incredibly light, polished gold color. Tight, quickly dissipating white head w/no lacing. Surprisingly hoppy for being so light. Sweet but not cloying. Crisp mouthfeel. A very quaffable Pilsener!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerguy101 (5287) - Newark, California, USA - AUG 5, 2004
Light gold color. Aroma is grassy, fruity, grainy and herbal. A medium bodied pilsner. Malts are fruity and sweet. Hops are slightly spicy. A fairly fruity and mild pilsner. Very floral. Light and refreshing. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is clean smooth. Aftertaste is slightly sweet.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Dickinsonbeer (5076) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JUN 22, 2004
Big 25 oz bottle: Great appearance- light yellow with a substantial head and great carbonation. Aroma is spicy herbal grassy and slightly earthy. Flavors are hoppy backed up with some soft smooth ligth malts. I really like prima pils better, but I think stoudts pils is more to style and is almost as enjoyable. This one is highly under-rated. Go to the brewery and pick up a couple of the big bottle conditioned pils’s if you are in the area.