overall

RATINGS: 524   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   IBU: 40   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Pilsner 5.4% ABV
40 IBUs

Pils is reflective of a traditional German-style Pilsener. It is delicately dry with a firm bitterness.Brilliant straw color with medium body, and noble hop aroma. A terrific thirst quencher. An Excellent aperitif.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JCW (1277) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - DEC 5, 2004
Good commercial discription. Straw yellow color, small white head. Aroma of Saaz(grassy and very earthy). Althought the hops dominate, it does have a crafty malt body. Well made and a pilsner that is classic for the style.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jine (900) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - NOV 29, 2004
Bottle. Had the chance to get this on tap at the brewery a few weeks ago but I declined to try some other rarer, newer brews instead. This is a pretty good pils, got some hops goin on with a nice malt balance. I am absolutely in love with Stoudt’s

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dorwart (2451) - Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA - NOV 24, 2004
White frothy head. BIG carbonation. Light, crisp lemon aroma with some hops. Lemony flavor that is light and crisp also. Bit of wheat and malt in there. Color is a light gold ginger ale color. Finish is bready and malty with some hops presence. A decent brew in the usually bad pilsner style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SpringsLicker (3253) - Tennessee, USA - NOV 20, 2004
This Pilsner pours a pretty light lemon yellow with a tall frothy white head. Clean Saaz hop aroma. Light body but the nice thing about this is it has a nice full round dryness that keeps it interesting. Very nice Pilsner worth seeking out.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
roder60 (1288) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 12, 2004
Poured a light clear yellow with fizzy white head. Aroma is mixture of hay and fruit. Flavor is nice and crisp with fruit undertastes and a slightly dry finish. Very enjoyable pils.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
biznizness (1140) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 6, 2004
On tap at Stoudtsberg. Pretty good pils. I like them a little hoppier but this was pretty crisp and clean. The pils can go from pretty good to HORRIBLE really fast for me so this gets my seal of approval.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - NOV 6, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2004 Pils. Light and with a bit of fruitiness. Watery but smooth and good. Good job for a pils.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
hopdog (9994) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 23, 2004
On tap at the Lehigh Valley Brew Fest ’04. Poured a light hazy yellow with a small white head. Aroma and tastes of grass and lemons. Thin watery body. Another style that I’m not crazy about (as far as Pils go, this is fine, but for my tastes, a little weak).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
scraff (2121) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - OCT 22, 2004
Clear sparkling gold, thin white head. Nice spicy, floral, citrusy, bready nose. Well bittered with some light sweet malt undertones. Light to medium bodied, fizzy carbonation, crisp, dry bitter finish. It’s not Prima Pils, but damn near close. Good stuff and very drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - OCT 10, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 13, 2004 Update: I feel as if I need to do this one better justice. I bought a case of this on the way to a football game, expecting it to be one of my favorite beers in the world--the raters I trust liked it, I love good pilsner, I thought how it might taste like Troegs Pils, etc. We put this in a cooler and tried it and thus my ratings below. But when I brought the rest of the beer home and refrigerated it at 50, I noticed it opened up quite a bit to reveal some quite excellent flavors. It strikes a tremendous balance between dry and soft, exactly what I like in a German style Pils. It is not as good as Troegs, but I find that I really cannot stop drinking it, which is perhaps my highest compliment. Old (days before 3.3): As advertised, this is definitely Germanic rather than Bohemian. I expected that I would love this beer, but I had a tough time getting the flavors to open up for me. Hints of good malt and shadows of hop flavor. Needs more flavor development.