overall

RATINGS: 521   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   IBU: 40   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Pilsner 5.4% ABV
40 IBUs

Pils is reflective of a traditional German-style Pilsener. It is delicately dry with a firm bitterness.Brilliant straw color with medium body, and noble hop aroma. A terrific thirst quencher. An Excellent aperitif.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SpringsLicker (3233) - Tennessee, USA - NOV 20, 2004
This Pilsner pours a pretty light lemon yellow with a tall frothy white head. Clean Saaz hop aroma. Light body but the nice thing about this is it has a nice full round dryness that keeps it interesting. Very nice Pilsner worth seeking out.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
roder60 (1288) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 12, 2004
Poured a light clear yellow with fizzy white head. Aroma is mixture of hay and fruit. Flavor is nice and crisp with fruit undertastes and a slightly dry finish. Very enjoyable pils.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
biznizness (1123) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 6, 2004
On tap at Stoudtsberg. Pretty good pils. I like them a little hoppier but this was pretty crisp and clean. The pils can go from pretty good to HORRIBLE really fast for me so this gets my seal of approval.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - NOV 6, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2004 Pils. Light and with a bit of fruitiness. Watery but smooth and good. Good job for a pils.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
hopdog (9588) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 23, 2004
On tap at the Lehigh Valley Brew Fest ’04. Poured a light hazy yellow with a small white head. Aroma and tastes of grass and lemons. Thin watery body. Another style that I’m not crazy about (as far as Pils go, this is fine, but for my tastes, a little weak).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
scraff (2121) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - OCT 22, 2004
Clear sparkling gold, thin white head. Nice spicy, floral, citrusy, bready nose. Well bittered with some light sweet malt undertones. Light to medium bodied, fizzy carbonation, crisp, dry bitter finish. It’s not Prima Pils, but damn near close. Good stuff and very drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - OCT 10, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 13, 2004 Update: I feel as if I need to do this one better justice. I bought a case of this on the way to a football game, expecting it to be one of my favorite beers in the world--the raters I trust liked it, I love good pilsner, I thought how it might taste like Troegs Pils, etc. We put this in a cooler and tried it and thus my ratings below. But when I brought the rest of the beer home and refrigerated it at 50, I noticed it opened up quite a bit to reveal some quite excellent flavors. It strikes a tremendous balance between dry and soft, exactly what I like in a German style Pils. It is not as good as Troegs, but I find that I really cannot stop drinking it, which is perhaps my highest compliment. Old (days before 3.3): As advertised, this is definitely Germanic rather than Bohemian. I expected that I would love this beer, but I had a tough time getting the flavors to open up for me. Hints of good malt and shadows of hop flavor. Needs more flavor development.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sloth (2607) - Ceciltucky, Co., Maryland, USA - SEP 18, 2004
Small white head that quickly subsides, a small gathering of lace that hangs. Very pale gold color. Nice hoppy nose, mmmm saaz. Light/medium body. Good doughy maltiness backed up with a stronger than expected hop spiceyness. Hops and malt are fairly well balanced. Dry, hoppy finish, good bite. A very nice Pils, Bohemian style i suppose?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - SEP 10, 2004
Holy crap there are really fresh hop flavors in here -I mean as bitter and herbal, but also in a fine layer on top the florality. OH the florality! OH THE FLORALITY!! Clear bright yellow, puffy big bubbled head, beautiful. Saaz clinic. If it wasn’t filtered it’d be a world classic - a hair too thin.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
axilla (962) - New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 9, 2004
Pours clear yellow with a thick and foamy white head. Lots of hops in the aroma. Nice clean hoppy taste with a good malt balance.