overall

RATINGS: 424   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.81   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
A full-bodied American lager unlike most, Strohís beer sports a craft brew pedigree. Enriched with hop varieties usually found only in craft brews, Strohís lager offers a distinct and distinguished taste with a preponderance of Cascade and Willamette hops from the great Northwest. Pungent and pleasing, Strohís stands apart from the usual lager taste profile in flavor, but not in alcohol.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jmagnus87 (2496) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - OCT 7, 2014
12oz can poured into a shaker. Pours a clear gold with minimal head. Aroma is sweet with corn and grains. Taste is similar. Some wet cardboard in the finish. Light bodied with a thin, watery texture. Fizzy carbonation and not much of a finish. Meh, not the worst Iíve had.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
tectactoe (2173) - Michigan, USA - SEP 7, 2014
Can: Offered one by a friend. Sure, why not. Celebrating another fantastic Michigan Wolverines loss with a beer just as shitty as their head coach & athletic director. Pale straw-yellow, crackling & wispy white "head", gone in moments. Grainy smell, metallic, hard water, old, spent hops. Strange, corny sweetness. Metallic DMS flavor. Stale hops, stale yeast. Astringent, sharp & cutting mouth feel. As expected, this beer sucks. What am I doing with my life?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
tmongoose (1364) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - AUG 27, 2014
12oz can pours bright yellow with big white head that quickly disappears. Lots of carbonation. The aroma malt. The flavor is sweet and mildly malty. Not much else going on. Not drastically bad for a slick tasting malty beverage.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Travlr (12951) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - AUG 22, 2014
How is it possible for one brewer to make so many bad beer-like beverages? Who drinks this stuff anyway?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
slowrunner77 (6019) - Reno, Nevada, USA - AUG 20, 2014
I remember this from back in the day but hadnít had one in a LONG time til the other day. Not turrible. Not a masterpiece. Itís almost nostalgic for me, so it probably tastes better than it really was. Not just pee water. Definitley the classic "beery" smell and taste of my youth

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 5/20
Ctplt777 (159) - - JUL 30, 2014
Alight look, this beer isnít trying to change the world here. Itís the BEST cheap beer you will ever drink. Itís actually not bad at all despite what anyone says. I would take this over a lot of the trendy beers right now. You can get a lot of beer for a small price. Itís the perfect cheap beer. It has all the weird flavors and smells but it works and works gloriously. I love Strohs, too bad itís hard to find. If you stumble across it get it and donít be damn snob.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Bulk_Carrier (2224) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - JUL 29, 2014
What my dad and grandpa grew up on. Reviewed from notes. This was poured into a pilsener glass. The appearance was a light yellow color with a quarter finger of white foamy head that died within seconds. Carbonation was rising at a pace that just seemed like it wanted to scream right on out of the glass. The smell, well, that left a lot to be desired. Sweetened cereal? The taste was the same as the smell. On the palate, this sat extremely light and came across extremely smooth and simple. Overall, its hard to bust on a beer that my relatives drank back in the day but for me, I canít really see myself having this again. I know better pale lagers out there if I want one.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
kmlen87 (22) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 6, 2014
If its made from Pabst, you know its good. Not a great flavor but good for getting drunk if you need a PBR upgrade.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
vilsack1987 (22) - - JUN 1, 2014
Nice can, but not that great of a beer. I bought it because it was cheap and I planned on getting drunk and its doing a great job for that.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Weevo (40) - Indiana, USA - MAY 13, 2014
Can or bottle. Been drinking this since high school, still my favorite lawnmower beer. Go ahead make fun of me, I can take it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone