overall
Brewed by Bulmers Cider (Heineken UK)
Style: Cider
Hereford, England

RATINGS: 835   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.46   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Avaialable in keg, bottle and can.
4.5% on draught, 5.0% in other formats (previsously 5.3%).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
KzooJeff (4) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAY 27, 2003 does not count
strongbow is delightfully unpretentious and simple. i never really like my first few sips of it, especially if i've been drinking bitters beforehand. my big complaint is that it has a slightly watery finish. otherwise a fine libation.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jtw (1084) - farmington, Michigan, USA - MAY 27, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 24, 2003 i'm not a huge cider fan, but my first taste was on my friend's round. it was very fruity and appley, a little like apple sparkling water with alcohol. i liked the carbonation, but i would rate this one about average.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
michaelm18 (118) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 12, 2003
As far as ciders go I don't think this one is any better or worse than others.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Eirikur (369) - hafnarfjordur, ICELAND - MAY 12, 2003
This is a fine cider, I used to drink it all tye time when i lived in Scotland, nae bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAY 11, 2003
ironic in that strongbow isn't as strong as many other ciders i've had, in taste or aroma. still, a nice beverage to partake of.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
KatieLimbic (1) - USA - MAY 4, 2003 does not count
I dislike most ciders because of the sweetness. The Strongbow is nicely dry -- it really suprised me. Buying the cider was mostly a novelty purchase but in the end I liked it. I want more.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
YogiBeera (2435) - Hamburg, GERMANY - MAY 4, 2003
Ok, my first cider rating - long time I refused to rate it as I thought it is not an own style on ratebeer, but I like cider - so got for it. Light apple nose. Golden, soft to liveley carbonation. Aplle acidic smell but very light. Semi-sweet in the beginning but the sweetness lasts to long, so the apples doesn't come through.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Frank (2728) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 3, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 1, 2003 I bought this without knowing it was a cider. It actually turned out to be a pleasant surprise. One of the best ciders i've had to date. Nice orange, apple juice color. No head (of course). Slightly spicy aroma. Light bodied but not watery. Sweet but tart enough to keep my interest. Good bite from the carbonation. Dry and delicious.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
OKBeer (1170) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - APR 14, 2003
Deep yellow colour with a very thin, very carbonated and zizzy white head. Aroma is light apple, yeast, and some cinnamon and spice. Flavour is slightly tart, slightly sweet apple, with a gentle bitter finish. Palate is dry and light.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - APR 6, 2003
Has a typical cider look and a apple smell. Taste is of sweet apples and finishes just the same. Overall this was a pretty good cider, not as good as Woodchucks, but not bad.