Sudwerk Millennium Bock

RATINGS: 7   MEAN: 3.77/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

Beerhound's rating

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Beerhound (16) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JAN 24, 2003
A friend of mine gave me a bottle of this for Chrismas '99, but I saved it until October 2002 to try it. First off let me say that the aroma nearly had me creaming in my jeans. It was a very malty aroma with a very fruity nose. The beer was very dark and the taste was coffee/chocolate malt/desert wine fruity and quite full bodied. It was somewhat like sucking on a coffee candy (in a good way). The flavor and alcohol was more double bock than bock. I love double bocks, so this was not a bad thing. This was a very ggod beer and I wish I had a few bottles put aside for yearly tastings... The intervening years were VERY good to this beer. YUM!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
CaptainCougar (7132) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - MAR 10, 2010
Bottle at Woodshop 5.0 (2/20/10): Pours a transparent cocpper mahogany with a thin ring of off-white head. Aroma of sweet toasty caramel with some dark fruity complexity and light oxidation. Starts with decent fullness and a toasty sweet caramel maltiness with a touch of light fruity esters and milk chocolate. A very enjoyable dunkler bock that has aged amazingly well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
yespr (32092) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - FEB 25, 2010
22 fl oz bottle. Pours dark brown to black with a small tan head. Smooth roasted and breadish aroma. Lingering roasted and breadish malt flavoured. Lasting roasted breadish over the back of the tongue. Smooth and roasted malt and light breadish finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
daknole (9443) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - FEB 22, 2010
Woodshop. Pours a dark brown color with very little head. Aroma is murky malts. Some fruit maybe? Old leather? Flavor is over the top malt and time hasn’t been good. It was actually pretty bad.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
HumuloneRed (751) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 1, 2004
I had this at a beer tasting with a few friends. Did not know it was a retired beer when I sampled it. Dark chocolate color. Great coco nose. Tastes more like a dopplebock to me. Alcohol burn on the back of the tongue.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Irishman (6) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JAN 24, 2003 does not count
This was awesome. This was one of the best Christmas ales I've ever tried.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - DEC 11, 2000
Once again, only a couple to sample. Great nose and a big finish, that I like. Robust, flavorful, great all around beer.