overall
Style: Porter
Holmfirth, England

RATINGS: 124   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Cask; Regular.
A Rich Dark Porter brewed with 10 different malts giving a sweet roast richness that is balanced with just enough hop character. This ale has a surprising drinkability for itís colour and abv. Donít let the sumptuous roast malt fool you, this porter is seriously potent & has the potential to take you to another place...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
thomat (1977) - GŲteborg, SWEDEN - JAN 2, 2013
Very dark brown with a medium tan head. Malty with fruity notes. Malt, fruit and coffee. Medium to light body with a nice bitter after taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
daniele (5177) - ITALY - NOV 26, 2012
schoiuma abbondante un po grossolana buon apersistenza scura con riflessi rubino inizio tostato caffe lieve cioccolato caramello discreto corpo abbastanza amra piu tostata che luppolata

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dommod2011 (698) - Birmingham, West Midlands, ENGLAND - NOV 18, 2012
I used to see the night so anxious but now I know the only thing it ever taught me was a grand illusion that comes and goes. The city blanketed with snow. What if we die, no end and no conclusion? How could you smile, just walk away? Well, I donít know. I met you at the railroad station, now years ago. And something happened on the night I last drank with you in the neon glow. Now I donít see you anymore. The Midwestern sky is grey and cold. The sun never shines but thatís alright. I couldnít find the letters that you wrote me. What did you write, whereíd you go? Well, I donít know.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Bright92 (9) - SCOTLAND - NOV 16, 2012 does not count
Dark brown with a great, thick khaki head and nice lacing. Aroma of chocolate, toffee, and some dark fruit. Taste is much the same as aroma, and ends with some hop bitterness. Fairly light bodied and well carbonated. Decent porter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
deyholla (6486) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - NOV 1, 2012
Cask at Euston Tap with Sarah. Pours a clear dark brown with a small tan head that starts and remains at the edges. Aroma has a good amount of roasted malts with dark bread and a hint of coffee. Flavor starts with roasted malt and some bitter chocolate with a bit of dryness in the finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
asheft (2476) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 30, 2012
[bottle from Edinburgh] Complex aroma of mocha and lots of fruit. Opaque black with no apparent highlights under an eternal tan foam that laces the glass. Tart roasted barley flavour with tons of of vanilla and coffee. Sweet fruit come in later with some ethanol and a dark chocolate bitterness that balances the initial sweetness. Medium body, high carbonation, faint bitter chocolate finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Frovigalning (2879) - ÷rebro, SWEDEN - OCT 19, 2012
Bottle at Bishops Arms in ÷rebro. Fruity and sweet smell, also a bit sour. Fruity and spicy with a distinct sourness in the taste. I wonder if this sourness is intended, tastes a bit like a mix between a sour beer and a porter. However the sourness doesnít bother me as much as you would expect.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
The_Bish (1124) - West Midlands, ENGLAND - SEP 6, 2012
Iíve had 2 porters today. 1 was terrible and reminded me that I donít like porters. The other was this and reminded me that I simply like good beer. Smokey, haha... was just about to write something about the yeast giving it a similar carbonation mouthfeel to that of a good Belgian - but then I remembered that if I wrote that Iíd just be writing a load of old shit.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BoBoChamp (5353) - Gent, BELGIUM - SEP 3, 2012
33cl, exclusive English brew, from The Bottle Shop Canterbury, complex Porter, malty/roasted and slightly spicy/fruity, balanced, hazy, rocky head, good brew

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BlackHaddock (3479) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - AUG 9, 2012
28th April 2012: half pint, cask (Craft, London). Dark body, black as black with a good full tan coloured head. No lacing though as the beer level sank. Roasted malts rule the roost in this beer, both in the nose and the taste: coffee, dark chocolate, smoked/burnt hazel nuts and wood, hints of vanilla could also be found in the aroma and in the flavours once I started drinking it. Found it a little dry and unsweetened for my palate, but certainly drinkable.