overall

RATINGS: 451   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
This traditional English style was originally brewed with extra hops to help it survive the voyage to India. Our IPA is enlightened by spicy herbal hops with a hint of caramel malt sweetness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mnmike (1020) - Minnesota, USA - FEB 14, 2013
Bottle pour. Aromas were strange with some off sweetness present. My biggest complaint is that I know Saga is out there... so much better

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
ccex (905) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 5, 2013
12 oz bottle pours a clear orange/amber color with average white head and very little lacing. Aroma is primarily of caramel malts. The hops only come forward in the finish. Body is medium with average carbonation and a slightly sticky mouthfeel. There’s nothing horrible here, but nothing memorable either in the crowded field of IPAs. No complaints or praise here for this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
StouterRick (32) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JAN 12, 2013
UPDATED: JAN 15, 2013 This is an American version of an English style I.P.A, therefore, it doesn’t have the Citrus, Piney or tropical fruit profile of an American I.P,A. It does, however, have a subtle fruity nose and a middle of the tongue taste that blends with a subtle malt presence, The bottom of the tongue picks up a variety of bitter hop tastes, from kind of grassy and lingering to sharp and dry. This is actually a pretty good beer and it’s cheap, so this will be a definite GO-TO beer for me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
dwm1034 (627) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 22, 2012
Bottle at Traut family Christmas...only beer with flavor there! Pours amber orange...decent white heAd but taste isn’t as distinctive / hoppy as one would expect in an IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
beerbaaron (1146) - Arizona, USA - DEC 21, 2012
Standard ipa. Decent aroma and hop flavor but nothing stands out really. Decent drinking

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
illiniphil (129) - Nashotah, Illinois, USA - DEC 14, 2012
Not one of Summits best efforts. Has the taste of an IPA light. Not enough flavor to identify anything that stands out. Would skip this one. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
vomit (167) - Michigan, USA - NOV 25, 2012
Do I detect a hint of cloves??? NO! Do I detect a hint of pepper? NO! Do I detect a hint of sassiness? NO! What do I detect? Chocolate tones and an inflated price. Why me God? Why? Hardly bitter. Not very tasty.....woe is me. Woe is me. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER. This stuff broke my heart. And only Blatz can make me whole again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
bytemesis (2998) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - OCT 28, 2012
Bottle. Pours clear amber with a large off white head that dissipates slowly and leaves nice lacing. Downhill from there unfortunately. Aroma its lager like with strong notes of grain, grass and corn. Flavor about the same, with earthy and pine notes. Medium sweet and lightly bitter finish. Medium body. Not good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
GuinnessHong (147) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 29, 2012
Dark golden, with medium head. Mild hoppy aroma. Hop bitterness is relatively mild for an IPA. Flavors also include caramel and earthiness. Slight bitter aftertaste, that lingers. Fairly crisp & refreshing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
TheHOFF43 (1730) - Robbinsdale, Minnesota, USA - AUG 20, 2012
One of my first craft beer experiences. Not a bad IPA but lacks the hop taste I have come to love and expect.