overall

RATINGS: 258   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Authentic Saaz hops from the Czech Republic give our Pilsener just the right amount of spicy floral aroma. With a crisp, refreshing malt backbone and lightly spiced hops, itís a taste of the Bohemian life.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
noy-zee (63) - Minnesota, USA - FEB 26, 2002
one of the best summit varieties

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ihatehefe (5) - Alabama, USA - MAR 15, 2009 does not count
this was my first summit when it was known as grand, and boy was it ever.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
syjung91 (3) - seoul, SOUTH KOREA - JUN 19, 2012 does not count
I like pilsener and IPA, and this one was really of my type. I tasted it at the brewery after touring, and I will definitely try this Summit beer as bottled products too.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
peteysmu (63) - USA - OCT 2, 2011
Not typically a fan of pilsener, but I thoroughly enjoy this one. Smooth golden pilsener with just the right amount of taste.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BFergus (14) - Minnesota, USA - MAR 7, 2013
Quite delightful. I tried it on the brewery tour and was shocked at how good it was considering the evil that pilseners have caused over the years.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
ElGaucho (2194) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - MAY 11, 2003
Lager aroma with an added zing of hop bitterness. Clear gold body with a small, white frothy head. Leaves excellent lace. Good carbonation. For a pilsner, excellent flavor. Not as good as Victory Prima Pils, but deserves to be in the same sentence. A joy to drink; another feather in the cap for the Summit Brewing Co, which, outside of the Town Hall Brewery, is Minnesota's finest maker of beer. Makes for a good session beer for both lovers of full bodied beer and of lighter beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
humulus (339) - Salem, Missouri, USA - SEP 12, 2004
I really enjoyed this pils. Very floral hops and balanced malts. Golden and pale like a good pils should be. Nice and peppery yet subtly sweet with a lemony smoke character. Nice linger to the hops. A very simple and unassuming beverage that seems to be saying "just take me as I am, fresh, crisp and refreshing". Very drinkable.

urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - NOV 19, 2003
This was an add-on from the outdoorsman-trader, the Great Slikwily. I've come to find that this brewer makes nothing but great looking beer. This is beautiful. And it is also one of the best-balanced Bohemian Pilsners I've ever tried. So much good malt, so many good hops, and the whole thing works within the framework of Pilsner. Really wonderful.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
whiterabbit81 (244) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - DEC 15, 2003
I adore pils, and this is one of the better brews available. Great flavor and balance with a beautiful lacing and aroma. Good stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerAteHer (384) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - DEC 20, 2004
Aroma is quite soapy, almost like lanolin (donít know if this is good or bad but I donít find it unappealing). Nice thick, clinging bubbles, and shallow head with thin lacing. Flavor is bold with strong elements of citrus and unripe melon. There is a very strong hop presence which is very enjoyable, hoppier than others in its class of which I am aware. Yet the malts are not totally subdued and lend a crispness of their own. Aftertaste doesnít vary much from the flavor, perhaps being a bit bready and slightly metallic. Overall a very drinkable beer - I may finish the entire 6-pack - and I am pleasantly surprised with this product of a home-town brewery.