Sun King Das Buffalo
     click to upload

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 2.92/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.82   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 32   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Traditional German Alt aged in a Buffalo Trace bourbon barrel.

StFun's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
StFun (567) - Indiana, USA - MAY 24, 2010
Sadly enough, my least favorite Sun King beer. This one just didn’t do it for me. Aroma is ok, some vanilla and wood, but too full of bourbon. Very thin on the palate, and again with too much bourbon. Just atouch of hoops. Very hot. Would like to revisit this sometime, as of right now, this is the only Sun King that I have not enjoyed so far.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
anders37 (16765) - Malmö, SWEDEN - MAY 1, 2010
Draft @ FoBAB 2009, Chicago, IL. Pours a golden color with a small off-white head. Has a sweetish malty caramel aroma with some weak hints of vanilla. Sweetish malty toffee and caramel flavor. Has a sweetish malty caramel finish with hints of vanilla.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Cornfield (5482) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - NOV 21, 2009
FoBAB 2009. I think that my most pertinant note on this one was, "Alt?!" It poured a rich golden body with a bubbly head. The aroma was a straight caramel/toffee sweetness. The flavor was candied maltose. Alt?!?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
tjthresh (1865) - Greenfield, Indiana, USA - NOV 8, 2009
FoBAB 09. Pours bright golden with darker brown hues. The nose is great with a real nice sweet caramel vanilla character. I didn’t much care for the flavor. I just seemed kind of dirty to me. Water thin with not much carbonation at all.