Surf Surfer’s Point Vienna Lager

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.53/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06   IBU: 23   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Our Vienna Lager stays true to its namesake here in Ventura. A wonderfully sessionable beer showing the rich complex malt character of baking bread with just enough spicy noble hops to provide balance without being overly bitter…perfect for the post surf ritual.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Onenote81 (1002) - Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA - MAY 1, 2012
Originally reviewed: 3/12/12. Drove up to Ventura for the afternoon when I was out in LA this last week, and this place was on my list to stop by. Most of their lineup was available, so I started with this one. Came out a deep amber/copper color. Transparent. Small off-white head on top. Nose was grainy with a dry huskiness, mellow sweet aromas, and little vegetation. Good crisp mouth, characteristic of my experience with the style. Refreshing feel on the palate. Semi-sweet malts and faint caramel. This one had an unexpected bit of a hop kick that I rather enjoyed. Nothing harsh by any means, but added to the profile favorably. A nice refreshing brew, that I would be proud of if I were a local.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
AmEricanbrew (5872) - Same Trailer, Different Park, Louisiana, USA - MAY 1, 2012
Clear dark amber color/ fleeting ivory head. Grainy, spicy caramel aromas. Medium body. Dry, grainy spicy caramel flavors with light roast. Drying hoppy finish--decent

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
beersearcher (2342) - Glendale, California, USA - OCT 19, 2011
I really liked this beer. Pours a dark orange. Aroma has toasted grain notes which really pack a wallop in the flavor. This is like drinking toasted bread. Good sparkle to it to.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
SamGamgee (2452) - down the whirlpool, California, USA - AUG 16, 2011
Draught at the brewery. Lightly hazy amber color, but not bad for an unfiltered lager. Malty and toasty, melanoidin rich aroma. Has that deep bread crust sweetness that reminds me of caramunich. Just slightly fruity and finishes with a spicy hop flavor. Nice stuff.