RATINGS: 500   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.81   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 50   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
A smoked Baltic Porter. Aged in oak barrels for several months.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerVirgin72 (880) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - JAN 18, 2009
Pour from growler shared by Beerlando at Redlight Redlight. Wow. Aroma was fire and peat! Flavor was a bit like a smoked honey ham drizzled with chocolate.... Very unique on my tongue. Cant decide yet if I am a fan!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
hellomynameis (876) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - AUG 31, 2009
WTF. I already rated this beer, but my rating is no longer here. I don’t knwo what to say about it since my notes are gone. Damnit....well, I had the beer and feel free to send me a message if you’re pissed off about my lack of an actual rating. It’s a placeholder for me...get over it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Treebs (872) - , Illinois, USA - OCT 5, 2012
Poured from a 750ml bottle into a tasting cup. A: Pours a very dark brown, almost black, with a bubbly wood chip colored head that subsides into some nice sticky lace down the glass. S: I’m picking up some smokey meat rinds and oak. There is roasted malts and a slight coffee. T: The taste is a lot like the nose, but a lot more smokey. Smells of the embers of a campfire, very woody. Just toasted malts and smoke. M: Medium bodied with a decent carbonation. Went down pretty smooth and left a light campfire in my mouth. O: This was a very interesting brew. I wish there were some other flavors that could popped up, but the smokiness really took over and dominated. I guess that’s why they call it Smoke. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 09-05-2011

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
undsioux7 (862) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - DEC 15, 2007
On tap on darkness day at brewery. Aroma of smoke, some hoppiness comes through. Nice sweetness, bitterness isn’t really there. Nice beer. copyright grimreeser

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
KickInChalice (860) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 1, 2012
From notes. First reviewed 2/23/2011. Poured from a 22 oz. bottle into a tasting glass. This is pitch black with only slightly less ominous dark brown edges. Not much head, nor does it retain well or leave any lace. The aroma is darkly roasted and burnt malts, smoke, and a little coffee and dark chocolate act as support. Up front the flavor is sweet and roasted for a second, with dark chocolate and heavily roasted malt leading the way. Molasses, some cocoa and fruity esters, and then some smoke. A light earthy or spicy hop aroma create a bitter finish. This actually has a body on the light side of medium, although there is a creamy side to the carbonation. The smoke does not dominate, which I appreciated. Overall this is another solid beer from a great brewery. I do not tend to go after the smoked beers, but I enjoyed this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SSKD814 (854) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 2, 2011
Big thanks to Kevin for sharing this brew! A-Body is a dark brown opaque-nearly black hue. S- Nose is somewhat complex but dominated by lots of smokey tones. There are also some stale earthy hops. plum, and unidentified sweetness, booze, and roasted chocolate malt. T- Taste is very similar to the smell-only the smokes aspects are more pronounced yet blend with the other characters well. You can really detect the dark, chocoalte, roasted baltic porter in this brew. M- Mouthfeel is well done. Medium carbonation and medium weight body as should be for the style. Slightly smooth yet slightly dry. D- This was a good brew overall. Classic smoked porter. I have New Glarus smoke on the porter and I am interested to compare this experience to that brew. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 06-28-2010 03:50:16

mreusch (851) - Olathe, Kansas, USA - MAY 8, 2010
750ml bottle, with yet another thanks to tytoanderso! Pours dark brown with a moderate tan head that dissipates to a razor thin ring. Aroma is a nice nose of light campfire and meaty smoke, some chocolate, a little espresso, some oak and earthiness. Flavor is nicely baltic porter, with more smoke, chocolate, espresso, oak and earthy hops. This one is right up my alley, thanks again Ty!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ericular (850) - Minnesota, USA - APR 6, 2013
On tap @ Muddy Pig. Looks jet black with decent head and decent lacing. Aroma is campfire and hickory smoked bacon. This is a unique smelling beer. Taste follows suit with heavily roasted malts, some smoke, and overall pretty sweet at first, subsiding to a smoky bitterness that was just slightly too much. I mean, it’s what I came for, but in the end it didn’t agree with me as much as I hoped it would.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bp (836) - New York, New York, USA - DEC 27, 2009
draft: pours a dark black with a thin tan head, aroma of smoke, bacon, taste is malty, smokey, dry, thin-to-medium body, smokey aftertaste, very nice

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
icehawk (834) - Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, USA - FEB 6, 2014
Bottle, thanks Chase! Opaque black pour. Robust smoky aroma with notes of dark chocolate. Medium mouthfeel, with smokiness being the predominant up front flavor that gives way to a robust dark malt backbone.