overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 511   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Sweetwater Blue is a unique lighter style ale enhanced with a hint of fresh blueberry. When you drink this beer take a good whiff first and you’ll smell the blueberry influence, but on the taste it’s extremely subtle and the finish is extra clean. Ain’t no fruit beer, but it is our breakfast beer, usually folks that are looking to quench their thirst or for those that are new to the “good beer” lifestyle; this is their choice. This brew and the ESB were the original two to go through the tanks at SweetWater in February 1997.

Medals: Bronze medal winner at the 1998 World Beer Cup, Fruit Beer category; Always the funky favorite at any outdoor beer festival

Malt: 2 Row, Wheat

Hops: Centenial

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
rynoSx (29) - Clemson, South Carolina, USA - OCT 14, 2004
For a Blueberry beer is was extremely good. I enjoyed every last drop of it. It was interesting to find out that it was Freddy and Kevin’s first beer. Two thumbs up.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Terminus (3250) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - OCT 4, 2004
bottle-pours golden yellow hue with minimal white head that was gone in an instant. lots of blueberry on the aroma-some grassy notes of hay and noble hops. I have never had a beer like this. definately unique and worthy of a sample!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DerBiermeister (586) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - SEP 25, 2004
I really liked this one. Sweetwater is a good brewer and this is a crisp, clean taste. I love the blueberries. I think my liver needs a break for a while though...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
goldtwins (4320) - Nesconset, New York, USA - SEP 10, 2004
Medium white head. Very light clear yellow. The body matched the paleness of the color. Light and thin. Aroma had a pleasant blueberry smell than ran into the flavor. Light sweetness. Drinkable....by my wife.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - AUG 31, 2004
Somehow I wasn’t expecting a blueberry beer, contrary to the name. The blueberries weren’t overwhelming but I’m just not into many fruit beers at all either. The taste was a bit too sweetin the malt area then a little burst of citrus takes the coating off of the tongue.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Bassy15 (60) - Cullowhee, North Carolina, USA - JUL 31, 2004
The aroma goes well with the flavor. It is light and it tingels with a floral aroma, the taste and feel is smooth, easy and tastes like blueberries. I never even knew i liked blueberries that much, but in this beer it is pretty good. It was nice to have something refreshing on a summer night.

0.9
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
brucebeacher (16) - Ontario, CANADA - JUN 27, 2004
We could not believe the putrid taste of this beer, no character, and if it was any less colder we may have been forced to ralph it back up. Uninspired swamp water for sure. Do not recommend.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUN 11, 2004
Now we have two Ratings in a row here that say Thanks to SpringsLicker, Thanks Jay!
Pours a pale straw yellow body and a most enormous white head… Huge! The aroma is only one thing… Blueberry Muffins! Freshly baked and buttered blueberry muffins.. right out of the oven!- and a note of hops. Yeah, to me the flavore has similarities with a Belgian Witt, but with blueberry instead of citrus. Very Mildly hoppy, peppery crisp blueberry finish… pretty damn tasty overall!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
envane (567) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 27, 2004
Poured a murky yellow, with an aroma of blueberry. Taste was tart with hint of blueberries. An enjoyable, balanced fuitbeer. Thanks to springslicker for this!

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
ericnixon (740) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 26, 2004
My low score was based on me almost vomiting after tasting this fetidly awful spit sink in a bottle. I kid you not, and I’m not the only one. I was in Atlanta for a hotel GM training, and I gave abottle to a fellow GM...who immediately ran over to a nearby bush and started retching. The only predominant flavor I can remember (since we tossed the entire 6-pack) was moldy wet cardboard. Stay far far away from this.