RATINGS: 64   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
For the first ever SweetWater anniversary beer (yeah it took us 15 years), we went back to our roots, dusted off our original ESB recipe, and gave it a big ol’ bump. The recipe consists of 7 malts, one of which Kevin toasted personally in his toaster oven, just like the old days, and 5 different styles of hops. In true Sweetwater style, there is no style, but it’s big, bold, and meant to grow old, meaning this beer will be fantastic out of the gate, or you can lay her down in the cellar for many years to come.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
MrChopin (3727) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUN 9, 2012
hazy orange-tan, late bubbles cream head. Nose is light coffee ash with floral pine, bit of trash. Flavor is light roast and sugar, watery end, thin and empty, low carbonation.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ryan (3186) - Beltsville, Maryland, USA - JUN 3, 2012
Sweet toffee and lightly hopped nose that is rather phenolic. Taste is very sweet, moderately bitter, astringent hops, lots of three and honey. Tough to drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GT2 (9410) - Oceanside, California, USA - JUN 3, 2012
651mL. Clear orange. Bubbles. Nose is starchy, onion, strawberry. Taste is sticky, cheesy, astringent, sugary. Typical poorly made DIPA. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
argo0 (12440) - Washington DC, USA - JUN 3, 2012
22oz bottle, thanks nimbleprop. Hazy amber body, minimal off-white head. Aroma is moderately sweet, caramel, light orange, earthy. Taste is moderately sweet, caramel, orange, some earthy, alcohol. Medium-full body, some stickiness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
oteyj (2139) - New Hampshire, USA - JUN 3, 2012
Clear amber with a small white head. Doughy caramel malt and resinous hop character leads to a bready finish. Medium body with low carbonation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
burg326 (4812) - Florida, USA - MAY 30, 2012
22 ounce bomber that poured an amber copper color with aromas of toffee, bread, light sweet fruit, and floral hops. Flavors are light citrus, toffee, biscuits, and light bitterness. Decent beer overall, glad I got a bottle of this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Beerona97 (2397) - Washington, USA - APR 29, 2012
Bottle thanks to Suttree. Clear amber, frothy beige head. Aroma of floral hops, toffee, bready malt. Taste of sweet fruit, apple butter, some citrus. Very mild for 10%, nice smooth texture, light bitter finish. Still manages to be a little less flavorful than what I was expecting.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kayres (659) - , Georgia, USA - APR 27, 2012
Brownish red pour med tan head. Slightly sweet fruity medium bodied with a light hop finish ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Suttree (5644) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 26, 2012
So, I had this in a bar and didn’t bother to rate it because I knew I had a bottle at home and I could rate it anytime I wanted. But after trying it, I was kinda...I don’t want to say "dreading", but I wasn’t really looking forward to having it again. It’s flavorful, but very heavy. And sweet. Alot of caramel, molasses, honey, vanilla, bourbon. Only lightly bitter. Ok, I suppose, but not really my thing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
hopasaurus_rex (109) - Surprise, Arizona, USA - APR 22, 2012
Pours a nice golden amber. Little to no head. Aromas of malt, candied sugar, alcohol and dark fruits. Not too complex of a nose. Initial flavor is alcohol, malt, nice alcohol burn, dark cherries, slightly bitter hops and boozy. Very different flavor. Unlike any beer I’ve ever had. Mouthfeel is sticky and slightly bitter. Overall an interesting beer. Worth a try if you can find it.