overall

RATINGS: 284   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52   IBU: 93   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Oasis is a Double ESB/IPAish beer that came about from playing around with one of Jeff’s favorite homebrew recipes. Here at Tallgrass we love malt and we love hops, and this beer has both of them in record quantities; well, at least records for our baby brewery. At a hefty 7.2% ABV and 93 IBU, Oasis is a big beer that has to be priced a bit higher than our regular line of beers. We think that once you taste the over-the-top hops and surprisingly sturdy malt backbone you will realize why it’s worth it. Definitely not a fruit-extract seasonal shandy, this beer is meant to be enjoyed on the back porch, the front porch, or even on the stoop. What’s a stoop? Well, it’s a good place to drink beer, is what it is.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Suttree (5256) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 13, 2013
Interesting that this is called an ESB on the can and an IPA here, because when we were drinking this I commented on what an IPA-ish ESB this is. So, yeah, this is like a full bodied, slightly malty IPA. I liked it. Thanks to theisti for the trade!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
alassio (73) - USA - APR 18, 2013
Fantastic, pillowy, lush head - - delicious on its own. Then silky smooth sipping - - before the hops start to bite home. Bigger and far more assertive than most anything in any pub from Newquay to Newcastle, the hops get good and stiff, but some candy-like malt keeps it friendly. A really unique and worthwhile brew. It’s fun to drink stuff like this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
beastiefan2k (2522) - Emerald City (formely NYC & KS), Washington, USA - APR 9, 2013
Moving out of KS rate-a-poolza. 16oz can poured into a .25L Corsendonk goblet. No date but the store where I bought this fridges their beers. Dateline 20/20 rating

I am pretty much a fan boy for Tallgrass, I drink’em, I like’em, and I rate’em. However, I have put off rating this beer for a while. I definitely drank this when it first came out and I knew my opinion off the bat. This can supports my original opinion. I hate to hate but I cannot understand why this is the highest rated beer from this brewery. Its nothing but a mishmash of malt and hops, too much of both. Too sweet, overly biscuit malts with assertive hops. Eh, my least favorite mix in a beer. Its exactly what they were going for and exactly what I dislike. This rating is a generous homer score.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
mikedR (1333) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - APR 2, 2013
I really like this, although I'm not well acquainted with the ESB style. Dark copper pour with a perfect head. Aroma is hoppy. The taste is wonderful! Equal parts malt and hops, the latter imparting crispness without excessive bitterness. Sort of reminds me of a DIPA that is malt heavy if you will. Just an incredibly full-flavored beer, the hops ensuring that things never get boring. Highly recommended! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerbaaron (1337) - Arizona, USA - MAR 29, 2013
Hazy dark amber. Lasting medium to large frothy cream head, lots of lace. Hoppy, fruity, a little caramel. Medium body. Great hop finish and duration. Quite bitter. More IPA than anything. Tasty and drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
MarinEvelyn (585) - Wisconsin, USA - MAR 29, 2013
very hoppy, citrus aroma. very nice, long lasting white head. extremely hoppy taste, bitter. Something dry, can’t figure it out, doesn’t taste too malty, but may very well be. Fairly smooth finish for how hoppy it initially is.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
crowderm (382) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 23, 2013
Interesting beer, but I can’t say I loved it. Copper pour with a nice head and lacing on the glass. Aroma is slightly earthy, with some biscuit/caramel matly notes. Not a ton of hops. The flavor features some of the same biscuit malt flavor, but this is overshadowed by a tinny bitterness that I wasn’t a huge fan of. Good, but not something I would seek out again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
SODAK14 (294) - Rapid City, South Dakota, USA - MAR 19, 2013
Wow...a bit too hoppy for my palate! It has a bit of a kick too. I can have one or two of these and that’s it fot both reasons. Might be best with a meal, not for just drinking by itself.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
LilBeerDoctor (3505) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 22, 2013
On tap at Keg and Barrel. Pours a clear orange-brown with a thin white head. Aroma of caramel malt, grassy hops, light fruits. Flavor of malt upfront with light citrus and bitter hops in the finish. This is an interesting beer stylistically- too malty for an IPA, too hoppy for an esb or amber, not quite strong enough to classify as an imperial red. Anyway, it is tasty and not too heavy on the palate. 7/4/7/4/14 (3.6/5)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
lawman357 (93) - Missouri, USA - FEB 18, 2013
Another outstanding outing from Tallgrass Brewery. I really can’t tout our loccal/regional craft brewers enough. The other reviews and product description say it all.