overall

RATINGS: 284   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52   IBU: 93   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Oasis is a Double ESB/IPAish beer that came about from playing around with one of Jeff’s favorite homebrew recipes. Here at Tallgrass we love malt and we love hops, and this beer has both of them in record quantities; well, at least records for our baby brewery. At a hefty 7.2% ABV and 93 IBU, Oasis is a big beer that has to be priced a bit higher than our regular line of beers. We think that once you taste the over-the-top hops and surprisingly sturdy malt backbone you will realize why it’s worth it. Definitely not a fruit-extract seasonal shandy, this beer is meant to be enjoyed on the back porch, the front porch, or even on the stoop. What’s a stoop? Well, it’s a good place to drink beer, is what it is.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
coltonhudy (15) - - MAY 20, 2014
Dark red with cream color head with notes of leather and caramel with malts and a blast of hops actually a sweet kick to it also this is an incredible beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
edognight (7) - st paul, Minnesota, USA - FEB 28, 2011 does not count
Loved the deep copper color and high protein head. Pint can, but that didn’t bother me at all. Rich malty flavor and nice carbonated tingle. I’. not sure about the aroma, I’ve heard ’grassy’ and ’flat.’ Flavor is a wonderful full balance of caramel, mellow bitter and a tiny hint of citrus. I love this beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
miahac (6) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - AUG 23, 2013 does not count
This is my favorite high IBU+ high alcohol beer. The cleanest 7%+ I have have experienced. I always buy the mix pack to get the Oasis with Tallgrass’s other beers for a better value. The aroma is an inviting clean spruce, and the palate full with an abrupt but bitter finish. I would give a perfect 5 over all but I have not drank every beer and must leave room for the best beer in the world.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
66gtk (1) - Alabama, USA - MAR 13, 2011 does not count
This beer keeps getting better the more I drink it. I have enjoyed 2 batches of this, and it’s great.