Taps Charleston Lager
     click to upload
overall
Brewed by Taps Brewing (Canada)
Style: Pale Lager
Niagara Falls, Canada

RATINGS: 21   MEAN: 2.52/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.57   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Taps Charleston Lager is a mellow easy drinking lager with lots of flavour, a golden hued colour, snow white head, refreshing lager with a crisp enjoyable finish. Using the finest ingredients: barley malt, yeast, hops, and water results in a lager ideal anywhere from the back patio to the cottage retreat. Our Charleston Lager is hand crafted with care to achieve an easy drinking, well-balanced beer that is richly pleasing.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Gorbalev (2908) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 5, 2005
Sampled at the Winking Judge Spring fest. My first experience with this brewery and while the folks representing it were friendly, this beer wasn’t very good. Sort of a dark yellow, copper colour, thin body, hardly any head. Taste was surprisingly sweet, but became very syrupy and terribly unbalanced as I made my though my mug full. I enjoyed their premium lager much more. The chap representing them said they were going for a more mainstream market with this one, but I encourage them to concentrate on their other product - it can still attract a mainstream market and stand up as a well crafted beer.