overall
Brewed by Taps Brewing (Canada)
Style: Cream Ale
Niagara Falls, Canada

RATINGS: 58   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.55   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Our newest product, Taps Red Cream Ale is beginning to rival our Premium Lager in popularity with our customers. It is a delicious, full-bodies ale with a clear, beautiful red colour. Cream ale is made by using ale yeast fermented and conditioned at colder temperatures. The colder temperature causes a slower, more gradual fermentation, resulting in a smoother flavour. Our Red Cream Ale has a full-bodies silky texture that is crisp and strong in flavour, with a fresh, clean finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
blankboy (6029) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 18, 2007
Can. Fourth beer of the night for my own Swill (or almost swill) Fest. Pours a hazy orange-amber with a small diminishing off-white head. Mild aroma of sour apples, grain, sweet malt and...meh, I don’t know -- too sour and crappy. Flavour is also sour and grainy, almost astringent and harsh, along with some sugary sweetness. Light to average bodied. Man, this just isn’t good, I would think this is off but I just got this can a week ago. A typical awful Canadian Cream Ale.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
tomthompson89 (1902) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 7, 2007
had a bottle of this today, not a fav unfortunatly, very accidic i found in the nose all the way through, there are definatly some malts there but ohh i think the clear bottle has hurt this poor beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
chainman (104) - Ontario, CANADA - AUG 6, 2007
On tap @ the brewery - My 2nd of 3 samples from the Taps line. After the premium lager, this one didn’t quite stack up, but it was still a nice beer. Some interesting malt character - I almost thought I detected corn in there, but they don’t use any. Slight fruity finish, but it works. I’ll try this again in a bottle or a can when I haven’t tasted the best of their stuff right beforehand!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Rcr84 (33) - CANADA - JUL 30, 2007
Had a nice copper colour to it. But once i got the nose and mouth working i wasnt impressed at all. Was excited to try this brew at first but that will be the last time i do.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sinkhole (263) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 1, 2007
Surprisingly good. Poured copper red with good head. Aromas of carmel and malted hops. Initial taste is a bit yeasty but gives way to a slight fruit (apple?) and bitter hop finish. I will keep an eye out for this in the future.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
LordBeamish (144) - Boozetown, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 27, 2007
500 ml can: Is this a beer or Kool-Aid? Who decided that it would be a great idea to let a bunch of apples rot along with the beer? This is awful. I actually committed the ultimate beer crime and dumped it on my lawn. Is this a beer or a cocktail? Completely undrinkable and offensive to beer drinkers everywhere.

0.9
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
KingofCastle (205) - London, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 27, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 8, 2007 can. What a waste of money. I actually threw out my pint it was so undrinkable. All I can say is "sharp." This had none of the typical qualities of a cream ale you would want to find. Does this brewery produce any good beer? Brutal product. I can think of many more ales way more worth your time & money that have flavours worth exploring - Abbot’s Ale, Fuller’s London Pride, John Bull’s Best Bitter, Hobgoblin, etc.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
JesseM (1151) - Margaritaville, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 27, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 3, 2007 Pours with very little head, which I thought was a bit odd, redish brown in colour. Aroma is strongly in favour of malts, a little caramel, but over-all very sweet. The taste upfront is very very malty, and smooth, but there is a hint of bitterness from the hops in the finish, then the after taste goes back to the sweet malts. It is quite smooth, and enjoyable. If you like bitters, or "cream" ales, then this one is definitely one you should try.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gedge (7) - Toronto, CANADA - JUN 20, 2007 does not count
Much better than I expected. Nice amber colour, lightly carbonated. Bit malty as others have a noted and a surprisingly flavourful with a nice bitter finish. Just bought the one can as I thought it wasn’t go to impress, but I’d drink this again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Cartoonkhaki (1220) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 2, 2007
Amber colour with large head. I noticed a very malty aroma right away. The flavour is malty with light hop background. The body is sticky.