Brewed by Taps Brewing (Canada)
Style: Cream Ale
Niagara Falls, Canada

RATINGS: 63   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Our newest product, Taps Red Cream Ale is beginning to rival our Premium Lager in popularity with our customers. It is a delicious, full-bodies ale with a clear, beautiful red colour. Cream ale is made by using ale yeast fermented and conditioned at colder temperatures. The colder temperature causes a slower, more gradual fermentation, resulting in a smoother flavour. Our Red Cream Ale has a full-bodies silky texture that is crisp and strong in flavour, with a fresh, clean finish.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
LordBeamish (144) - Boozetown, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 27, 2007
500 ml can: Is this a beer or Kool-Aid? Who decided that it would be a great idea to let a bunch of apples rot along with the beer? This is awful. I actually committed the ultimate beer crime and dumped it on my lawn. Is this a beer or a cocktail? Completely undrinkable and offensive to beer drinkers everywhere.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
KingofCastle (207) - London, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 27, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 8, 2007 can. What a waste of money. I actually threw out my pint it was so undrinkable. All I can say is "sharp." This had none of the typical qualities of a cream ale you would want to find. Does this brewery produce any good beer? Brutal product. I can think of many more ales way more worth your time & money that have flavours worth exploring - Abbot’s Ale, Fuller’s London Pride, John Bull’s Best Bitter, Hobgoblin, etc.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
JesseM (1155) - Margaritaville, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 27, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 3, 2007 Pours with very little head, which I thought was a bit odd, redish brown in colour. Aroma is strongly in favour of malts, a little caramel, but over-all very sweet. The taste upfront is very very malty, and smooth, but there is a hint of bitterness from the hops in the finish, then the after taste goes back to the sweet malts. It is quite smooth, and enjoyable. If you like bitters, or "cream" ales, then this one is definitely one you should try.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gedge (7) - Toronto, CANADA - JUN 20, 2007 does not count
Much better than I expected. Nice amber colour, lightly carbonated. Bit malty as others have a noted and a surprisingly flavourful with a nice bitter finish. Just bought the one can as I thought it wasn’t go to impress, but I’d drink this again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Cartoonkhaki (1223) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 2, 2007
Amber colour with large head. I noticed a very malty aroma right away. The flavour is malty with light hop background. The body is sticky.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
wilderthanyou (758) - Guelph, CANADA - APR 6, 2007
Surprised at the low marks this beer got. I was pleasantly surprised. Pours an amber red colour with a very thin stick head. Very subtle aromas of caramel and vanilla bean. The aroma reflects the taste up front, with a hoppy build up which comes to a nice bitter climax at the end. Really appreciated the flavors in this beer. The palat was a tiny bit watery, but not too bad at all, carbonation was decent. All and all I enjoyed this beer, and I’d certainly buy it again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
TheJester (2246) - Peterborough, Ontario, CANADA - APR 3, 2007
473 mL can. Reddish brown. Both cans I opened were gushers - huge beige head that subsided to almost nothing. Smells malty/brown sugar sweet. Taste is quite sweet, a little fruity, and, somehow, a little sour. Very little hops present. Smooth. No need to rush back to this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Beer Snob (501) - Ontario, CANADA - MAR 26, 2007
My first reaction was a semi-surprised "oh! I like this." But the aftertaste is metallic and there’s a clotying sweetness that mars the overall impression. Still, a nice looking and smelling ale with a very nice semi/sweet fruitiness to it. Not bad...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MrManning (2009) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 11, 2007
Another above average beer from this brewer. Pours coppery red with a good foamy beige head. Bready, caramel, slightly burnt malty and spicy aroma. There’s a sweet burnt malt, treacle type flavour, sugars, and an odd yeasty funk I am not sure is supposed to be here, but here it is. Well made though, and good for a cream ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mabel (7712) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 28, 2007
[206-20070215] 473mL. Doughy yeasty under-baked bread aroma with grassy earth undertones and a hint of animal qualities. Clear, brown red body with fast-rising small bubbles and a medium-lasting light tan foamy head. Flavour continues under-bakedness of bread, less grassy and more lemon in the aftertaste. Medium body with both a smooth and sour pucker feel. Comes together but it’s an odd combination.