overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 23   MEAN: 3.06/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Whole vanilla beans, plus pure raspberry extract combine for a delectable Valentine treat! 10 IBU

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
jsquire (3551) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - JUN 15, 2004
I got a sample at the brewpub and it turned out to be more than enough. It was a very pretty deep ruby color with an enticing aroma of raspberries on ice cream. I should have left it at that. The flavor was an odd sweet/tart raspberry, with something astringent in the back. Lemony sourness in the finish and I did not get any vanilla. And I looked. Not my thing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 1/20
michael-pollack (4960) - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 29, 2004
Big raspberry aroma with a little vanilla in there too. Dark, dark red color. Almost like a dark cranberry juice. Very Raspberry flavor; very sweet. Tastes like alcoholic raspberry soda, but was too sweet for me. Had a dry finish. Easy drink, though I could not drink too much because of the sweetness. Overall, lots of flavor, but very sweet. I could not drink more than one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - MAR 14, 2004
On tap at the Brew Kettle. I saw this on the menu and expected to get your regular old rasp.wheat - I was happily surprised! Sure it's got the raspberry aroma (a very little vanilla in there too). Deep dark red - almost brown; could hardly see thru it, but it wasn't hazy. The taste and palate are what got my attention - Thick and smooth, fruit flavors are strong without becoming overly sweet; hints of vanilla and citrus. Surprise ending - Smoke! Yes, smoke - very interesting and it actually helped balance the increasingly sweet flavors. Inventive, well made and much stronger than it tasted (8.3%)