overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

RATINGS: 143   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.44   EST. CALORIES: 111   ABV: 3.7%
a light beer with a full taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
jpm30 (1587) - East Central, Georgia, USA - JUN 11, 2007
From a twist-off 12 oz. bottle with a coded freshness date on shoulder of bottle, sampled at a cold temperature in a restaurant shaker glass. Poured a clear, very pale yellowish golden with a small foamy white head that quickly dissipates into a fine sudsy lacing. A pretty clean nose, faint aromas of sweet corn fruity, lemony, and lightly grainy. Good carbonation and a softly crisp, dryish, thin, medium-light bodied mouthfeel. Bland tasting, but hey, it is a macro light lager, passable drinkability, thin sweet pale, grainy malts, a tad sugary, sweet corny, a very mild lemon tea-like hop flavor, and a dryish sweet malty with a touch rough graininess. For a macro light lager, it’s not that bad, drinkable in a pinch, went well with the chicken tortilla soup I had for lunch today.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
184601 (206) - Mexicali, MEXICO - JUN 11, 2007
This is the kind of shitty macro stuff that and only can be named beer for its ingredients , not quality, taste like plastic oatmeal, watery and salty at the same time.Tough this is probably the most consumed in my beloved country, Mexico. I prefer drink water than this!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
drinkbeer (281) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - MAR 28, 2007
OK, hear me out. This is a great light beer. It’s all I drank last time I was in Mexico. Here’s the thing. It has this subtle taste, almost like a spice, that really turns me on. This is unlike any american macro crap light out there. I can’t explain this!! Is it the mexican water?? Oh fountains of Mexicana, bring life and love and truth to the people. Look at me spouting off about a light beer. This is certainly uncharacteristic. I’m an IPA guy. I love to taste my beers. But please know that I am serious about this 2.5/5 rating. Next time in mexico try a tall boy of this stuff and ruminate about life, and how if only there were boots you could jump to the moon with...

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
REDDOGICE (202) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 11, 2007
Put a sombrero on a bottle of Butt Light and say ole!. Thats pretty much what this is.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
HarryFlashman (469) - Chatham, Kent, ENGLAND - OCT 26, 2006
As with another commentator on here, I only tried this as it was free at my holiday resort near Cancun! It is a disgusting beer - like US mainstream light lagers Bud, Coors etc, but even more disgusting, tasteless and sweet. Not good, poor value even for free!!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
SudsMcDuff (5792) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - SEP 6, 2006
well, tecate light, the whole can in spainish, the regular is kinda bad but this is better, the taste is watered down which makes it more easy going, a poolside hugger!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
pint16 (4) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 14, 2006 does not count
bought in the middle of nowhere, literally. 50 miles south of san felipe in puertocitos. beggars can’t be choosers and I was thirsty damn it. Quenches a desert thirst, Salud!

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
ilovedarkbeer (2230) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 20, 2006
Very watery with no head. Tastes like regular tecate plus water. No the greatest and very carbonated.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
DuffMan (6543) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - APR 12, 2006
Why did I try this? Because our resort provided it for free. This is a godd thing, because I can’t imagine paying money for this! Picture a Mexican version of Bud Light....

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - MAR 17, 2006
Can from Super Mercado Ojinaga, Ojinaga, Mexico Pours yellow with a frothy head. Aroma is dated corn, weak hops, and malt that has seen better days. Flavor is subdued copper, and we all know that is VERRRRRY tasty. Oh dear Lord, irradicate this evil from the Earth! ’Course, if I was drunk in Mexico, I wouldn’t give a crap. Such is life.