overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

RATINGS: 143   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.44   EST. CALORIES: 111   ABV: 3.7%
a light beer with a full taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
saucedor (1) - santa cruz, BOLIVIA - JUL 9, 2012 does not count
La mejor cerveza light que he tomado, refrescante, sabor fresco, economica....sugerencia: 1 caja, en la playa, toda la tarde

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
saulcruz (1) - USA - JUN 21, 2010 does not count
Very light, gets you drink without being plenty of it!!!, you can drink 20 cans easily and enjoy the summer!!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
ronaldtheriot (1182) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - DEC 11, 2012
Tecate Light has a pencil-thin, white head, some lacing, lots of streaming bubbles, and a clear, golden appearance. A close inspection will reveal floating, gray-white, tiny specs suspended throughout. The aroma is faint, but one can detect sweet grain. Taste is of sweet grain, malt, and a slight hop bitterness at the end. Mouthfeel is light and watery, of course, and Tecate Light finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, and thin. Overall, this is an excellent light beer, so it does the trick in its style category. RJT

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 11/20
elgavilancillo (75) - Long Beach, California, USA - FEB 8, 2011
had some over super bowl sunday nice and cold resfreshing with some carne asada tacos hit the spot and does not need lime and salt like regular tecate good cheap mexican brew

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 8/20
ebarron001 (3) - Monterrey, MEXICO - JUN 17, 2012 does not count
Taste is very good for those who want a smooth taste, you can drink a lot oc this beers and get drunk ’till 6th one

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
1FastSTi (3333) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - APR 8, 2013
3 or 4 cans were consumed in Riviera Maya, Mexico. I must say that this beer was a very good lawnmower beer. Crisp, refreshingly drinkable, and actually had a nice beer flavor. Not much to say, other than I would seek it out again if I am going camping or to a ball game. I thought it was better than most of the macro offerings. Much better than corona, sol, and pacifico clara.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Nekronos (3633) - Xalapa, MEXICO - MAR 24, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 2, 2006 It is almost water, but it is ok in flavor. I like it for sunny days and in reunions. BUt it is not like a craft beer. It is good.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
edsterling0 (3) - Culiacan, MEXICO - JUN 12, 2007 does not count
This beer is classic in SINALOA, everyone buys it, i realize it does not have a marvelous taste but can get you trough the night, it doesn’t get you very drunk as his sister TECATE RED does.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
drinkbeer (281) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - MAR 28, 2007
OK, hear me out. This is a great light beer. It’s all I drank last time I was in Mexico. Here’s the thing. It has this subtle taste, almost like a spice, that really turns me on. This is unlike any american macro crap light out there. I can’t explain this!! Is it the mexican water?? Oh fountains of Mexicana, bring life and love and truth to the people. Look at me spouting off about a light beer. This is certainly uncharacteristic. I’m an IPA guy. I love to taste my beers. But please know that I am serious about this 2.5/5 rating. Next time in mexico try a tall boy of this stuff and ruminate about life, and how if only there were boots you could jump to the moon with...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
lb4lb (2458) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAY 1, 2008
Free almost 1/2 can sample at the local grocery store. I figured I might as well try it, as I’ll probably never buy this in my lifetime.
Poured moderately yellow with no head. Smell was just light, sweet malt. Taste was like corn, sweet malt, and a hint of bitterness just to keep it real, because that’s how Tecate Light rolls. It really wasn’t that bad for a light beer, and it definitely wasn’t offensive at all. No off flavors and went down like water. Thanks, Tecate light sample hander-outers.